while updating maps via mydrive connect, it has wiped all my maps, when i reconnect says up to date! — TomTom Community

while updating maps via mydrive connect, it has wiped all my maps, when i reconnect says up to date!

It updated the main o/s fine, i opted to update my maps to inc buildings but it said not enough memory, so noticed i could take out language packs not needed to free space, so i did. leaving English only, then it said updating, it crashed after about 10 mins said there was an error and wiped all my maps.
my machine was supposed to have lifetime maps & traffic.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,606 Moderator
    Hi @Jay_19carle

Welcome to the Community! I've assigned the lifetime maps on your device which were not active for some reason. You can now connect your device by making a soft reset and update it using the MyDrive Connect.

See the public FAQ here: Downloading the map on your device

Cheers, lampard
  • firstcomputerfirstcomputer Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I do have similar problem with TomTom Start 20 M. There was an error during 1025 map installation that wiped all maps out of device. Now it says "no map" but in MyDrive Connect there is up to date info. Reset didn't work. It is supposed to have lifetime european map updates. After reset i can only download vcore 12.xxx and GPS fix.
    Nope. Done that. It seems no map is identified as valid for my tomtom. It doesnt show any in TTConnect.
    Hi @firstcomputer

I've activated the map update service on your device which was in pending state and hence, no map was offered to you for download. Please connect your device to the computer and download the map using MyDrive Connect.

Regards, lampard
    Western Europe is only available as my download. According to box it's Refurb Edition with 45EU Map. Is it possible to enable such map? There was map of Poland before now it's gone. Cheers.
    Hi @firstcomputer

Your device (AY) comes with the Western Europe lifetime maps embedded on it. I just activated the promotion which was on your device. There is also a XL Classic (GP) device linked to your account which had Central Europe map (Includes Poland) on it so that might be the confusion. Hope this is clear now!

Regards, lampard
    We are selling this unit (20M 45EU Refurb) at store, and during 1025 update TT Connect got error with TT servers and Europe map and it's lifetime update vanished. We bought it with whole Europe map so it's possible for this device to use it. As we are in Poland, and now there is no map of Poland in it it will be impossible to sell it. Maybe at least activate Central Europe Map with PL and countries around us. Cheers.
    Hi there,

In this case, please get in touch with our support and they'll be able to assists you further in this case. You can click on 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Regards, lampard
    They say 20M is only with Western Europe map ... But we bought it with whole EU lifetime map. Leaving us with device not to be used in our country.