Map Subscription Expired — TomTom Community

Map Subscription Expired

TMKTMK Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
When I purchased my TomTom Via 1625 it was advertised as having lifetime map subscription. Now I see that my Map Subscription is expired.

Please explain!

Tim

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,389
    Superuser
    HI @TMK

Contact Customer Support to get your account sorted. See list of numbers

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/988105/customer-support-phone-numbers/p1

Doug

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,907 Moderator
    Hi @TMK

Welcome to the Community! The TomTom services (Lifetime Maps' & Traffic) are now added to your VIA 1615 device. Please make a factory reset on your device and then activate the services to apply the changes.

Cheers, lampard

• JohnbxJohnbx Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Recently updated my daughter Tom Tom 50 using what I believed was the Tom Tom website. Then got billed by a company in Devon called GPS EXPERT UK ltd, who told me the devices maps were expired and downloaded new maps, how the hell did that happen?!!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,454 Moderator
    Hi @johnbx

Which website did you visit to purchase these maps.

TomTom does not have an office located in Devon. What is the serial number of the device? Can you send that to me through a private message?

Regards
    Vikram
  • carmenicacarmenica Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same question! Why TomTom Via 135 (serial BO) , TomTom Start 25 (serial BQ) and TomTom Start 20 (serial AP) with lifehtime maps, is now map subscription expired.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,754
    Superusers
    edited May 1
    Hi
    @carmenica
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended....
    Tomtom Direct Email & Chat Links by Country....
    Click on required Countries Email or Chat Link....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1122389/customer-service-contact-details-during-covid-19-epidemic/p1

Or... @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators can check the status of your account when they return on Tuesday,,,,

Acording to the Tomtom FAQ... Find the model of your navigation device and what software it updates through....
    Here... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/locale/en_GB

Via 135 serial BO... Your device is a TomTom Via 130 / 135 with 4GB memory and it updates through MyDrive Connect.
    Your device is fully supported through phone and email. You can also get help through our user forum and FAQs.

Start 25 serial BQ... Your device is a TomTom Start 25 with 8GB memory and it updates through MyDrive Connect.
    Your device is fully supported through phone and email. You can also get help through our user forum and FAQs.

Start 25 serial AP... Your device is a TomTom Start 20 with 4GB memory and it updates through MyDrive Connect.

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    @carmenica

Asked the team to make some changes in the backend for the device. Fresh maps should now be offered for download.

~Vikram
    Hi, I have an other TomTom Via 135 (serial BO) and TomTom Start 20 (serial AP) that can't be updated with new 1050 maps. Please help! Thank you!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,754
    Superusers
    Hi
    @carmenica
    Tomtom Video shows you how you can update your navigation device if your device updates by connecting to MyDrive Connect.

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    edited July 23
    I know how to update this devices, I've already updated other TomTom Via 135 (serial BO) and TomTom Start 20 (AP serial) devices using My Drive Connect, but on TomTom Via 135 (serial BOxxxxxxx64) it shows me that the update has expired, and at TomTom Start 20 (serial APxxxxxxxx329) I can only update the map of Great Britain and Ireland, and the person to whom the device belongs is no longer in Great Britain and would need the map of the whole of Europe.
    edited July 23
    Hi @carmenica

Not all Nav3 devices were sold with lifetime maps. If the lifetime services are not active then I would recommend that you contact the customer service. They might need additional information to activate the services.

Regarding the AP device, it already has the United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland - Lifetime Map Update Services active and the device has the latest map installed 10.50. We cannot change that map cut that was embedded originally.

Also, I have edited your post above. Please avoid sharing private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks, Vikram
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @carmenica

Not all Nav3 devices were sold with lifetime maps. If the lifetime services are not active then I would recommend that you contact the customer service. They might need additional information to activate the services.

Regarding the AP device, it already has the United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland - Lifetime Map Update Services active and the device has the latest map installed 10.50. We cannot change that map cut that was embedded originally.

Also, I have edited your post above. Please avoid sharing private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks, Vikram

I contacted customer service 10 days ago, but no one answered except the robot.
  • charles2020charles2020 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Olá,
    Meu TomTom 60B está desatualizado em seus Mapas, sendo que dizia que era vitalício. Moro no Brasil, tem como atualizar? Como? Por favor, me ajudem.