How to Access Main Menu?

JbfoodieJbfoodie Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
I just downloaded the Mobile App for TomTom on my Google Pixel as I will be traveling to the UK soon. I am unable to load the Main Menu. I deleted the App and resinstalled (after purchasing the Upgrade) and still no Main Menu. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• RalphGRalphG Posts: 33 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    edited April 21
    In the Go app you press the four dots (....) button at the bottom left of the screen to access the Main Menu. Are you not getting the Main menu when you press that button?

gklan6r49rzx.png

The User Manual for the Go app, incase you haven't found it yet, is online at:
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/GO_Mobile_app_for_Android/html/en-gb/index.htm#WelcometonavigationwithTomTom-EU-BodrumIzmir.htm
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,959 TomTom Moderator
    edited April 22
    Hi @Jbfoodie

Welcome to the Community! Can you please let us know which app you'ra talking about? Is it the GO Mobile app or TomTom In-Dash App? Also, please provide the Android version installed on your Pixel smartphone as we've not seen any such report about menu option not accessible on Go Mobile app so far.

Thanks, lampard

Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• JbfoodieJbfoodie Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have Android 9 and it is the Mobile Go app. I am in the US, but have downloaded the UK map. Will be in the UK in a week.
    Also, I do see the 4 dots, but it does not bring up the same menu as I see online in the documentation. I cannot use the menu to plan a trip in advance.
    Hi Jbfoodie,

Thank you for confirming this!
    Jbfoodie wrote: »
    Also, I do see the 4 dots, but it does not bring up the same menu as I see online in the documentation.
    Can you please post a screenshot of the menu which comes up after pressing 4 dots button?

Thanks, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.

4yc27qohxqpg.png
    The menu doesn't let me do much.
    Thanks Jbfoodie,

I've forwarded this to the team and in meanwhile, can you please reinstall the app and see if this improves the behavior?
    Also delete the to delete the following folders from the internal memory of your phone after uninstalling the app. Restart the phone after this.
    Android/data/com.tomtom.gplay.navapp
    Android/obb/com.tomtom.gplay.navapp

I can't reproduce this issue on my Android 9 so it might be related to the phone model.

Regards, lampard

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,052 [Supreme Pioneer]
    @Jbfoodie has a very large non-standard toolbar at the top of his screen obscuring part of the app display. Other than that the menu looks normal except that the user needs to scroll down it to reveal more useful available selections.