Can't get a GPS signal

francesmx
francesmx Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using MyDrive Connect
My TomTom Start 60 suddenly stopped working last weekend.

Today I downloaded and installed all the software updates via TomTom MyDrive Connect (it says it's all up to date) and also downloaded and installed a new UK and Ireland map. I've also reset it several times (hearing the drum roll). But still no luck... I can't get any signal, even if I take it outside.

I see you mention firmware below. Mine says:
App 12.075.3065980.94 (0) (2300, 13/7/2018)

That does seem a bit old. You mention version 12.75 below. But when I connect to MyDrive Connect, it says it's up to date. So I'm not sure what to do next. Can I force a firmware update?

Best Answer

• francesmx
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Okay situation resolved. I had to go FULLY outside the house into the cold air, and then it picked up a signal. As soon as I came back inside, the GPS signal was lost. Clock is now synced and I'm feeling hopeful for tomorrow's road trip!

Answers

• francesmx
    Apprentice Traveler
    When I say 'below' I meant in a different thread :)

Please help as I promised my daughter I'd drive her to the beach tomorrow (Easter Sunday)
  • francesmx
    Apprentice Traveler
    Looking at other threads, it seems that 12.075 IS the latest firmware for my device.

So why I am still not getting any signal? Any ideas?
  • francesmx
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Okay situation resolved. I had to go FULLY outside the house into the cold air, and then it picked up a signal. As soon as I came back inside, the GPS signal was lost. Clock is now synced and I'm feeling hopeful for tomorrow's road trip!