Manually uploading .ttbin files — TomTom Community

Manually uploading .ttbin files

stevepickeringstevepickering Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
For the first time since owning my TomTom Runner 3 cardio (a couple of years now) I:ve experienced a syncing problem. I did an activity this morning that did not upload via the mobile app. I managed to find the .ttbin file on my phone and have copied it across to my PC. I have read online that the correct way to manually upload it is to open TomTom Sports Connect, connect my watch to the PC and then double click on the .ttbin file. When I double click, nothing happens - sometimes it will switch window to Sports Connect, but the program will not actually do anything; it just says "Ready to go - charging".
Is there another way to get the ttbin file sent to TomTom and my other sports apps (Strava and Runkeeper)?
Many thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,385 Moderator
    Hi @stevepickering

Welcome to the Community! Please see the knowledge base article here about re-exporting the activity: Re-uploading the activities using Sports Connect/Sports App

Hope this helps!

Cheers, lampard
  • nadavrunsnadavruns Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    This totally worked for me. Thank you so much!
  • pretorius_theuns123pretorius_theuns123 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    This worked perfectly for me as well. Thanks so much!
  • Anastasia71Anastasia71 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Ok, i have the same issue and don't get the problem solved. So, since Sunday, my activities won't sync anymore. Not on the app on my Phone, nore on the laptop through MySports from Tomtom. So, I just don't have those ttbin files from the last activities on my pc, only on my watch, just because he can't upload them... Strangely enough, he registered my 'steps' which he automatically tracks without having an activity recorded while doing something... Please help.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,727
    Superusers
    You don't have ttbin files on the watch, they are created when the watch sync with a computer (they are not created if you upload by app).

For computer connection issues, is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle. Are you getting any error messages when you plug the watch in or is it being recognized at all? Does the clock face change to a battery charging icon (which indicates it is getting power so there is a partial connection)? A few things to look at (and I apologize if some are very basic, but it is best to get past the obvious issues first):

1) Are you plugged directly into the machine and not a hub?
    2) Does the port work, can the computer detect other devices (like flash drives) in that port?
    3) Is the watch firmly snapped into the cradle and the USB plug firmly in the port?
    4) Is the USB port free of any debris or blockages?
    5) Is the Connect software running (is there an icon for it in the notification area)?
    6) Did you install Sports Connect, not MyDrive Connect? It is downloaded from tomtom.com/123
    7) Do you have administrator rights to the computer?
    8) Is a firewall or antivirus running that is blocking the software from connecting to TomTom (try turning them off before docking the watch)?
    9) Does the computer have a good Internet connection (Internet is required to sync)?
    10) Can you try installing it on a different machine to determine if it is an issue with the computer versus the watch?

You should reset the phone connection following these steps. First need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

It may be that the activity is just lost.