Based in the UK - can't get Lanzerote runs to sync — TomTom Community

Based in the UK - can't get Lanzerote runs to sync

Jules78Jules78 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have been running on holiday and can't get any of my runs in Lanzerote to sync, no problems with the UK runs before or after? Any ideas?

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,729
    Superusers
    If the runs after have synced then the Lanzerote ones have been erased from the watch (it clears the memory after a successful sync). If you can find the ttbin file you can force an upload (if there is no ttbin it is lost). To force Sports to reupload an activity you need to do the following:

1 - Exit Sports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).

2 - Locate the ttbin files (if they are not there the activity is lost and not recoverable - what is on the watch is just summary data, all the detail is gone). On a PC the ttbins are saved in a dated folder for the date of the activity under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom Sports\{Watch Name}.

3 - On Apple Devices, connect your device to the computer, open iTunes, select your device in the iTunes sidebar, select Sports on the Apps tab under File Sharing and the ttbin files are listed on the right-hand side. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it and save it to your computer. In Android, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD in (/sdcard/TomTom_Sports/[serial number of watch]/workouts/uploaded/).

4 - Copy them to your computer

5 - Place the ttbin files in the serial number directory:
    Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom Sports\[serial number]
    Mac: [home dir]/TomTom Sports/[serial number]

6- Restart Sports Connect and connect your watch

7 - Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.
  • Jules78Jules78 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you, I managed to get two ttbin files, and updated, but not the lanzerote ones. I am getting an error message on sports connect 'somehow we can't update your activities, we'll try again in a few minutes' - do you think they are erased or still there? Thanks
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,729
    Superusers
    Jules78 wrote: »
    Thank you, I managed to get two ttbin files, and updated, but not the lanzerote ones. I am getting an error message on sports connect 'somehow we can't update your activities, we'll try again in a few minutes' - do you think they are erased or still there? Thanks

If you have successfully synced since then and there are no ttbins they are lost.
    Thanks, sports connect gives the error message somehow 'we can't update your activities, we'll try again in a few minutes' and on my phone its gets to about 30% synced and then stops. But it has synced activity from 20th from run in the UK just not 13th-19th in Lanzerote. Does that mean it has successfully synced and deleted files 13th - 19th?
    So I finally managed to get everything off my phone, Lanzerote runs were still there. I did a soft reset, disconnected and reconnected blue tooth and then started to google new phones - was about to order a garmin when everything synced via bluetooth! So the threat of the bin worked! Thanks for your help, no idea why I had a problem or what it was but sorted!