I have a Tom Tom start with the 2.11.6.125 card can i still use it after 6 april — TomTom Community

I have a Tom Tom start with the 2.11.6.125 card can i still use it after 6 april

Hi, this is a Tom Tom Start i want to give to my neighbour because his Tom Tom does not work anymore. I just updated it to card 2.11.6.125 so i think it will work fine. On the other hand i get noticed that my Tom Tom Start is to old for updates.
I am a little confused. Do i have to throw it away or can i still use it?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,569
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @oghkru

Here is the Obsolete equipment information. Any units with Lifetime subscriptions or current subscriptions will be honoured until further notice.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1031975/end-of-life-for-tomtom-devices#latest

The units involved may still work but no new maps or update swill be offered. Largely the units affected have very limited internal memory and in many instances no option to increase the memory. The current maps are much bigger, Europe for instance is circa 9gb, and will not fit the old units.

Doug
  • oghkruoghkru Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    So if i give it away to my neighbour it is a reliable Tom Tom?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,569
    Superuser
    Hi @oghkru

If the unit is still working perfectly and is not having any problems with Time resulting from the GPS Week Number Roll Over, then it hopefully should continue to work okay. I would just give it to your neighbour telling him it is an End Of Life unit but is working okay at the moment . If anything does go wrong there is no longer any support from Tomtom. Its better than nothing.

Doug
  • oghkruoghkru Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Doug, thnx you so much for your fast reply. Vers helpfull!