Australian map deleted during app update — TomTom Community

Australian map deleted during app update

HI,

I'm from Australia and the australian map got deleted while updating and there is no option to choose Australia when I try to configure again after resetting.
Your urgent help is required to fix it.

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!

Answers

• rmej_un37rmej_un37 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have a new GO 620 and I loaded UK maps and it uninstalled my Australian maps. Each time I try to download Australian maps again it loads to 90% and I get the "Oops" message. Help!!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,940 Superuser
    edited April 20
    Hi @sanjuak

Was this the only map on unit and you now have No Maps Found or is your internal memory now so full that an updated Australia map cannot be loaded.

If the latter you will need a 16gb or max 32gb Micro SD class 10 memory card inserted in the Extra memory slot on the bottom. Use a Sandisk, Samsung or similar major make from a reliable source. Some lesser known makes have had problems.

Doug

• sanjuaksanjuak Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
    The device had Aus and NZ maps. Now it has only NZ and Europe and I tried to reset the device and Aus is not listing in tbe Coubtry selection page.
    Also I saw server maintenance and server busy messages several times during the update time.
    Hi @sanjuak

If the unit is the GO500 listed in your profile I am surprised you can get NZ and Europe on the unit unless you have extra memory fitted. The current Europe maps will not fit on internal memory which is only 8gb

Do you have extra memory fitted if so how much.

Doug
    Its GO 510 with 8gb external memory.
    edited April 20
    HI @sanjuak

I am assuming that your GO510 is a recent model not the 2006 model..

Okay. I would suggest that you change the extra memory to 16gb or max32 gb.

When you open MyDrive Connect what are the Memory free values showing.

Now most Important under NO circumstances delete all maps from the internal memory. In order to change the extra memory card you will need a map on the internal memory otherwise the unit will not boot up. For future reference always make sure you have a map on the internal memory.

With a Map on the internal memory you can then remove the 8gb extra memory card and replace it with the bigger one. Once the new card is formatted by the GO510, which has 8gb internal memory, you can then go back into MyDrive Connect and reinstall the other maps which are allocated to your unit..

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,102 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @sanjuak

I can see that your device already has the latest Australia map (v10.25) installed on it. I hope the issue is resolved now.

@rmej_un37 Your device also has the Australia map (v10.25) installed on it

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

Yes.. Seems the issue was related with the mydrive application. I got another update today and after that the device is connected and it is now stable where it was showing disconnected after 5 to 10 seconds every time I connected the device.