No Maps Found — TomTom Community

No Maps Found

vdiworkvdiwork Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi

I updated my maps and now it says No Maps Found. Also in my TomTOm Mydevice, it says map is corrupt. As soon as I try to uninstall it, the map goes into update mode and nothing happens. I removed the profile and added it again but now its stuck on "Your device is being added". Can someone help me or let me know the support phone number please?

Answers

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @vdiwork

If you're stuck with adding your device I think only TomTom customer support can help you. :anguished:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/988105/customer-support-phone-numbers/p1

Indeed a corrupted map must be deleted. Watch this video:

Your Start 20 has 8GB of internal memory or only 4GB?
    The size of the EU full map is 4582MB, for a device with 4GB of internal memory you must add a micro SD card class 10 of 8 or 16 GB (max32GB) or choose a smaller EU map zone.

Regards.
  • vdiworkvdiwork Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @LAURE123

Thanks for your response. I did manage to uninstall the map last evening after my post. Re-installed a smaller map. I am using Mac so the "Clear Download Folder" has to be manually done by navigating to that path folder as from the app itself the button is disabled. However there wasn't anything apart from a small cache xml file. Even after installing it, I still get the "No Maps Found" error.

The last time(half an hour ago) when i restarted the installation, the app was showing I had more than 6000 MB free space and the map size is 3500 MB so this should suffice as the installation have sufficient space.

I think I have to wait till Tuesday for customer support to respond in case the installation don't work again. :(

Superuser
    @vdiwork

Okay, you have 8GB of internal memory so no problem of lack of free space.
    With Windows OS when the 'cache' folder is empty I also have only one xml file (cache-status.xml).
    What is strange is that it is empty. Normally, MyDrive Connect (MDC) first downloads the files to the computer and then transfers its to the TomTom device, 2 separate steps.

In MyDrive Connect there is an important option for installing files, verify that it's ticked (1st line) This should not be too different from Windows version.
    See if it can help.
    bjp9kpkvaxe2.png

Check if you have the latest MDC version for your MAC (4.2.5.3747 for MAC OS X):
    In MDC ==> gear wheel/Settings/About tab
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12428/related/1
    Hi @LAURE123

In settings window, I have noticed the first option wasn't ticket i.e "Download Updates on my computer". May be this is the reason its directly installing it to my tomtom.

Currently the installation is going on and another 30 minutes left. Once that is done, I will see if tomtom is restored. If not then I will enable the above mentioned option and see if this helps (Thought less hopes).

Also I believe my MDC is on latest version

9z9bwzwx4cwj.png
    Updates:

Even after re-downloading the map again, it's still showing me No maps found message on the screen. Not sure what is going on and why isn't it restoring it back. :(

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,924
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @vdiwork

Maybe @VikramK or @lampard may have an idea when they are back on the forum.. Probably Tuesday but maybe Vikram may be back on Monday.

They will be pleased you seem to have sorted it since this was posted.

Doug
    Superuser
    @vdiwork

If the line 'Download Updates on my computer' isn't ticked it's not surprising that the installation fail. I had the same problem in the past.

For your MDC version I don't know. Version 4.2.5.3766 doesn't appear in this FAQ. And since my PC is on Windows I can't check the installation file for MAC.
    You can do a clean installation of MDC, uninstall MDC/Resart your MAC/install MDC with a new install file.
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/release_notes/type/mydrive

You don't have an antivirus or firewall that could block MDC? I have to do an exception in my security software.

Try this:
    - Your Start 20 Not connected to the computer, do a Soft Reset:
    Press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds, release the button. This can take 30 seconds or more. The device's Restart will take longer with frozen screens, it's normal.

- For MDC, If you have a corrupted map, delete it, empty the 'download folder' (if it has something to empty) and tick the 1st line 'Download Updates on my computer'.

- Connect your Start 20 to the computer and MDC, then download the map alone, without any other items.

I cross my fingers for you. Beyond that, I don't see what else to do. Otherwise customer support from Monday. :anguished:

Regards.
    Superuser
    Sorry, I forgot. Is your NavCore up to date? Do you have the latest version 12.075?

To check it, look in your Start 20 the version of NavCore installed:
    ==> tap the screen/Settings/Me and My device/About my device/the beginning of the 2nd line App 12.075.xxxxxxx.xx
    Superuser
    Hi @vdiwork and @LAURE123

My Mac has version 4.2.5.3766 of MDC on it and is the latest recent update.

Doug
    LAURE123 wrote: »
    Sorry, I forgot. Is your NavCore up to date? Do you have the latest version 12.075?

To check it, look in your Start 20 the version of NavCore installed:
    ==> tap the screen/Settings/Me and My device/About my device/the beginning of the 2nd line App 12.075.xxxxxxx.xx

I don't see any such option on Mac version

dvwzd2wkxhdd.png

I am now downloading it to my laptop and see if this helps by any means. And will try to reproduce your steps.
    Superuser
    Thanks for your precision @DougLap :)

So the FAQ isn't up to date... :/
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    vdiwork wrote: »

I don't see any such option on Mac version

It's not in MDC or your computer but in/on your Start 20 device.
    Superuser
    Hi @LAURE123

I see the Mac version on the TT page is for MacOS X mine is MacOS Mojave which is on a MacBook Air.

Doug
    Unfortunately I can't see the Navcore version as the device itself doesn't go beyond the "No Maps Found" screen. I believe it's only possible to find out If I can jump into the menu of the device.
    Hi guys

Taking @LAURE123 suggestion has actually worked for me. *Sigh of relief*....

I ticked the option in Setting window to download first on my machine and then get that installed on tomtom. Seems like the map has started working finally.

Previously (as the option wasn't enabled), the MDC was trying to re-install again and again directly on the tomtom even though I uninstalled the map and cache had nothing to be cleared.

Many thanks @DougLap and @LAURE123 both for taking your time out and giving your value able feedback.
    Superuser
    Hi @vdiwork

Pleased to hear you are up and working.

Doug.
    Superuser
    @vdiwork

Glad to read that it finally seems to work. I hope that now everything is fine for you. :)

For this option 'Download Updates on my computer'.
    When we install the MyDrive Connect software or that we update it version, we have this popup window:
    apu6nxvsiyyp.png

The 2nd choice must remain ticked. It's the only one I keep.
    For the other two, it depends on your use preferences (optional)

Regards.