Computer shut down during Tomtom update with MyDrive Connect

DesigepardDesigepard Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Ok, this is a bit crazy. My computer (Win 10) had the infamous blue screen error and automatically restarted while I was updating my Tomtom Go Live 1005 with MyDrive Connect. It was a map update plus the new satnav software update from Apr. 6, 2019. Unfortunately, due to the crash, my Tomtom didn't update properly - though it shows update completed. My Tomtom cannot find the satellites since Apr. 6, 2019, and that hasn't changed after the update.

I looked into the forum and tried to install Tomtom Home and restore the old version (based on some earlier posts), but Tomtom Home didn't even recognize my device.

Any help welcome.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,797 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Desigepard

Welcome to the community!

I see you have the latest firmware version installed so the device is good on the software part.

Could you do a soft reset( press and hold the on/off button untill you hear the drum sounds)

Take the device outside under clear sky and see its able to find satellites.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • DesigepardDesigepard Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks a ton Vikram. My device works again. =)
  • DesigepardDesigepard Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Sorry for the double-post. Just a note (in case anyone else facing the same issue) that I had to plan a route to get the GPS signal again.