Factory reset done. Cant upload workouts — TomTom Community

Factory reset done. Cant upload workouts

gav0106gav0106 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited April 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Morning. I did factory re-set. Watch pairs with app and shows that it has uploaded data, yet nothing appears. When I connect to computer, it says updated, but again nothing uploads, I have 15 workouts waiting to upload, I tried the manual upload button, but nothing. I cant see how to register the watch again. Not sure what else to try?

Answers

• Fabio_GrooveRider73Fabio_GrooveRider73 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Gav - not sure if we have the same problem but I just posted an issue where my watch is not uploading activity since yesterday. Last run isn't showing on the PC either and after many attempts have decided to post here. Apologies, I don't have an answer but am hoping someone answers you and gives me some ideas also
    Good luck
    F G
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,654
    Superusers
    gav0106 wrote: »
    Morning. I did factory re-set. Watch pairs with app and shows that it has uploaded data, yet nothing appears. When I connect to computer, it says updated, but again nothing uploads, I have 15 workouts waiting to upload, I tried the manual upload button, but nothing. I cant see how to register the watch again. Not sure what else to try?

Where do you have 15 workouts waiting to upload, on the watch? If you did a factory reset you deleted all of them. all that is in history is summary data. Are you getting any error messages when you plug the watch in or is it being recognized at all? Does the clock face change to a battery charging icon (which indicates it is getting power so there is a partial connection)? A few things to look at (and I apologize if some are very basic, but it is best to get past the obvious issues first):

1) Are you plugged directly into the machine and not a hub?
    2) Does the port work, can the computer detect other devices (like flash drives) in that port?
    3) Is the watch firmly snapped into the cradle and the USB plug firmly in the port?
    4) Is the USB port free of any debris or blockages?
    5) Is the Connect software running (is there an icon for it in the notification area)?
    6) Did you install Sports Connect, not MyDrive Connect? It is downloaded from tomtom.com/123
    7) Do you have administrator rights to the computer?
    8) Is a firewall or antivirus running that is blocking the software from connecting to TomTom (try turning them off before docking the watch)?
    9) Does the computer have a good Internet connection (Internet is required to sync)?
    10) Can you try installing it on a different machine to determine if it is an issue with the computer versus the watch?

Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle.

If you can find the ttbin file you can force an upload (if there is no ttbin it is lost). To force Sports to reupload an activity you need to do the following:

1 - Exit Sports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).

2 - Locate the ttbin files (if they are not there the activity is lost and not recoverable - what is on the watch is just summary data, all the detail is gone). On a PC the ttbins are saved in a dated folder for the date of the activity under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom Sports\{Watch Name}.

3 - On Apple Devices, connect your device to the computer, open iTunes, select your device in the iTunes sidebar, select Sports on the Apps tab under File Sharing and the ttbin files are listed on the right-hand side. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it and save it to your computer. In Android, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD in (/sdcard/TomTom_Sports/[serial number of watch]/workouts/uploaded/).

4 - Copy them to your computer

5 - Place the ttbin files in the serial number directory:
    Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom Sports\[serial number]
    Mac: [home dir]/TomTom Sports/[serial number]

6- Restart Sports Connect and connect your watch

7 - Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.