Rider 550 keeps shutting off — TomTom Community

Rider 550 keeps shutting off

JeankeJeanke Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello community,

I'm having thid TomTom rider 550 for a few months now.
Charger (motorcycle mount) which was in the box did not work, got a spare right from the store.

But now i keep getting 'shut offs' while driving.
Tried different positions to place the TT (vertical and horizontal) on the mount and it does not work out.

When testing while not driving he gets perfect power, exept when i turn the TT.
I thinks this happens too while driving, but just enough to have bad electric connection for just a few seconds because most of the time the TT 'reconnects' and stopt turning off.

I tried the option to not let the TT shut off when disconnected from power source, but than the battery just drains after driving for a while...

I'm sure the mount is proper connected to the power source of the bike.

I'm at the point that i will sell it or throw it away and buy me the other brand since it seens like it can't handle the vibration on my 2 cilinder Kawasaki...

If anyone had some tips.
Please feel free to share them.

Thanks in advance.
Y.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,925 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Jeanke

Welcome to the community!

Does the device also turn off when its fully charged and when driving?

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • JeankeJeanke Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Nope this is not the case.
  • JeankeJeanke Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have misread your pessage excuse me.

When the device is fully charged it will will turn off too, but only when i have this option on to turn off when power is lost.
    (Like it should work when you turn off the bike)
    This ONLY happens while driving, i think due too vibrations.

This product is not engineered well as i read 100's of complaints about the product and more specific the mount itself.
    I'm not the only one struggling and there is no fix but getting replacements.
    After 2 years im just screwed...
  • Henri303Henri303 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Try to disable auto-rotation in the menu. This probably helps
  • footyfooty Posts: 3 [New Traveler]
    Hi
    I have an identical issue. Reset today 5 times on the ride for no reason. Screen goes black then the unit resets. When it resets I don’t always get the functionality back. I also have the issue of it not charging on the mount anymore. The install was professionally done and an electrical verified that the mount appears to be working correctly.