Bluetooth connection stopped working — TomTom Community

Bluetooth connection stopped working

Bluetooth connection stopped working, need a phone number to call in USA, please?

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,532
    Superuser
    Hi @StephenG

If you have not already done so then I would delete the Phones Bluetooth details from the GO620 and similarly forget all the GO620's Bluetooth details on the Phone. Then set the connection up again.

Customer Support details here.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/988105/customer-support-phone-numbers/p1

Doug
  • StephenGStephenG Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    JohnJay: Thanks for the prompt reply. Couldn't find the number on the tom tom website, but found it by Google just before you responded. They closed at 6 PM EST, which I thought was 7 PM EDT, but I got the recording at 6:00 PM EDT. I'll try again tomorrow, thanks.
    BTW the problem: Traffic has been working less and less frequently on my new Go 620 to the point where it doesn't work at all. Tried reseting the tomtom, new app, new pairing, etc. The phone and tomtom see each other, but don't work together.
    Now I'm here, too old to understand how this community works and it asks for my BBCode, but have no idea what this means... SteveG
    DougLap: Thanks, even reset the phone. My Places repopulated just fine, the icons on the top show a bluetooth connection, but no traffic... SteveG
    Superuser
    Hi @StephenG

If you Tap menu, Tap Settings, Tap Bluetooth, tap the Phone you have connected there are some options. Is the data for Traffic selected.

Doug
    Yes. I had the first one 'hands-free' turned off, since I have hand-free built into my car. The second and third options, including Data & Traffic are ON, but show as 'not connected'. My phone is shown on the tomtom and my tomtom is shown on my phone, but the two don't seem to get along anymore...
    Superuser
    Hi @StephenG

Do you need Tomtom Mydrive App open in the background on your phone.

Doug
    Superuser
    Hi @StephenG

If you contact Customer Support don't say what TT unit you have but wait and eventually you will be put through to an agent. It is possible that they may have to change some settings at their end to sort this out if all other things fail..

Doug
    DougLap: Thanks for the advice. The only thing that I see different now on the MyDrive app is there used to be a plain small square box in the upper right hand corner of the display, and that is no longer there. The traffic displays fine in MyDrive, but I like the 6" screen for my old eyes, that's why I bought the Go 620! SteveG
    Superuser
    Hi @StephenG

I think I may have not made myself clear. When you have the Bluetooth page open on the GO620 do you see connected against the Traffic /Data setting. If not what happens if you then open the MyDrive App on your phone do the Bluetooth settings for Traffic/Data change to connected.. If so you can just leave the phone with the MyDrive app working but you can do other things on the phone if you wish.ie the App I running in the background.

Doug
    DougLap: You were clear, I am foggy. Data for Traffic and Smartphone messages both show "Unable to connect", even when I have MyDrive open on the smart phone. If I enable Hands-Free Calls, that will show connected, the other two remain unable. So I know I have a good bluetooth connection. StephenG
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @StephenG

Try Customer Support. Do not give model details but wait until put through to an agent..

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/988105/customer-support-phone-numbers/p1

Are you testing this out of range of your Wifi or is you Phone connecting as a Hotspot as well.

Doug
    DougLap: The wifi connects with my house every time I back into the driveway. If it shows updates are available, I update before shutting off the car.
    I have NOT tried to use my iPhone hotspot because I thought the only way to get traffic was through a bluetooth connection with a smart phone.
    I'll try it with the hotspot, I use that for my laptop while traveling. It's not the fastest, but I can check email, my primary concern while traveling.
    BTW: I keep seeing that I can use a BBCode in my post, but have no idea what that is (I'm retired, I shouldn't have to think). If it's short explanation, please let me know. I'm still not really sure what a post is, except they hold up the fence in my backyard.-joke
    Superuser
    Hi @StephenG

Contact Customer Support.

Doug