I have an XXL TOMTom Brick, Is there any place to get a Clean Load of the files needed to fix it. — TomTom Community

I have an XXL TOMTom Brick, Is there any place to get a Clean Load of the files needed to fix it.

I had a backup and then the backup seems to have failed. I was experiencing trouble with size because the map was too large to install. I tried the delete voices and format unit. My map was the North America Map which has Mexico, Canada, USA.... Not planning to go to Mexico and/or Canada... so only looking for USA Map.
On an earlier post here, someone said there XXL was set to only use Lifetime USA map... but that was performed by someone at TomTom Support.
I bought an old Garmin to compare with the old XXL and have experienced no problems with the old Garmin. But the TomTom XXL company support seems to be waving in the wind.

Answers

• dhndhn Posts: 33,326
    Superusers
    Why do you think the backup failed?
  • rubyredvetterubyredvette Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I do not know why it failed, only that after I did a restore, the TomTom displays a Splash page and sits and sits. Probably IF I knew why backup/restore failed, I could also figure out what to do to fix the brick.