Tom Tom Start 25 — TomTom Community

Tom Tom Start 25

I have connected My Drive connect and updated I think the soft ware on my device however it still says that it is looking for a valid GPS signal.
the device is useless currently

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,570
    Superuser
    HI @nowak101

Try a Soft reset. With the unit already on hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the Drumroll Sound.

If that does not work try a Factory Reset from the Settings Menu.

Doug
  • nowak101nowak101 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi Doug
    Thank you for this I am a novice user I can tell
    Do I have to buy an updated map for the device?
    Thank you
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,570
    Superuser
    Hi @nowak101

Firstly I have to say that some Start 25 units have been declared Obsolete. Below is a link to the list of Obsolete units.which you can peruse to see if you are effected

The main reason for declaring units obsolete is that they have very little internal memory and some have no ability to add extra memory. Your unit may have 2gb or 4gb of internal memory and an extra memory slot.

You don't have to buy a new map but that of course depends how long it is since your current map was installed. Ii had a friend who once followed me from Santander to Valencia and was shocked that most of the time his TT unit said he was in a field. The map was very old.

It may be time to consider whether the better option is to put new map monies towards a new device which has lots more internal memory and the ability to add more.. The current Full European map is circa 9GB.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1031975/end-of-life-for-tomtom-devices/p1

Hope that helps.

Doug