Re-Starting Problem with GO520 (following failed update)!

Although I've eventually managed to resolve this, I thought that I would post it for information!

This week it showed that I had 2 updates (Speed Cameras & a MapShare). However, despite "appearing" to be trying to update (via WiFi) it basically got "locked-up" - with the resolving circles going on & on for about an hour!

Eventually I had to risk trying to do a Drum-Roll reset - which it "appeared" to do.

However, about a minute after re-starting, it re-started again & again & again, etc.

After a long while I attempted to do another Drum-Roll reset , but, invariably the device would simply re-start anyway before the Drum-Roll could be implemented.

This did not resolve the issue! Attempted to undertake a few more Drum-Rolls (each taking ages because of the persistent restarting) - still no improvement.

Eventually, I attempted a full Factory Reset (again this was frequently aborted because of the auto re-starting) - but eventually I was successful.

This time it "appears" to have cleared the problem - also letting me download the "outstanding" update (which was now only the Mapshare).

I'm obviously "keeping-fingers-crossed", but it now "seems" to be OK!

Regards,

John-Jay