Can I back up my Micro SD Card ?

Daveb3650Daveb3650 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
I'm UK and updated everything today.... I thought about adding the USA file but there wasn't enough room on my 16GB card. I do have a 32GB card doing nothing but it is not recognised in the TomTom......It's a good brand and bought from a good retailer. I was wondering if there was a way of Backing up my card, then restoring it onto a new bigger one.

Answers

• Daveb3650Daveb3650 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    PS...Im using a GO 5000
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 1,080 Superuser
    edited April 16
    Hi @Daveb3650

As I assume you have no Map on the internal memory then try contacting Customer Support and asking them if they would add a small map to your account. It doesn't matter what the map is. This will load to the internal memory and is worth just keeping there doing nothing but you are never without a map which the unit needs to boot up.

Once the map is on the internal memory you can now remove the 16gb card and put the 32gb card in. Now using MDC you can load the Europe map and addd the USA map as well.

Customer support numbers here. Don't answer model questions etc and you should eventually be put through to an Agent.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/988105/customer-support-phone-numbers/p1

Doug
    Hi Douglap.... I've got it connected to PC....and now im putting IRAQ onto internal memory........then I will try and see if I can close it.....put new memory card in.........then in theory format it.....then connect to PC.....put Europe on it.......I will leave IRAQ on Internal as it seems as tho you need something on it to make it boot properly......Many Thanks for helping and I will report back....
    YESSSS it worked Douglap...... I'm back yup and running with my larger memory card working fine. Seems the main problem is you must have a map installed as the Tomtom looks for it when you switch it on. So with Iraq installed, it then booted and let me format the new card....then I installed Europe and USA....and I have room to spare.... Many Thanks for your invaluable help.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 1,080 Superuser
    Hi @Daveb3650

You're welcome.

Doug