Go 520 wifi- Tack saved on the device created on MyDrive Route planner

I have made a track on TomTom Mydrive. When I send the track to my device (TomTom 520 WIFI) it does appear in my tracks. I get it as a new destination, but not the track I made but a straight away drive. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,796 Superuser
    Hi @Rosingkamp

When you create a route you have 2 options.

One is to send Destination to the Unit. That then appears as route ready to use when you start up and it has Synced to your account.

The second option is to Save the Route. This is then saved and provided you have opened the option to Sync to your unit it then appears in Tracks. It should then be available in My Routes to select and load.

Are you doing both and have no looked in MyRoutes to see if it is there.

Doug
  • RosingkampRosingkamp Posts: 11 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you Doug, I did what you said but the route does not appear on my device. The route I got directly, is an other one than I planned. It is however a shorter route, but I want to go the other way. Under My Routes no route appears however.
    Henk
    @Rosingkamp

Open MyDrive and have a look under MyRoutes, 4th Icon down, and when you click on the route is the 'Sync this route as a track on my devices' Selected.ie Green. You need to have the unit linked to your wifi or you Phone to sync the Track.

Doug
    Hallo Doug, I did what you wrote and is is so simple. However MyRoutes are not synchronised. My Places are synchronised on all the devices but not MyRoutes. Also the routes that were made by TomTom do not appear. I think I have to find a telephonenumber from TomTom to solve the problem. Thank you very much!
    Henk
    Hi @Rosingkamp

have you checked that the unit has logged into your Account.

If you
    Tap Menu
    Do you see some icons Top Right. Is the Cloud Icon Bold which means connected.

Doug
    Yes it is connected. I made a new MyPlaces adress on my computer and it appeared almost the same time on my device.
    edited April 16
    Hi @Rosingkamp

Here are the Customer Support Numbers. Do not give the unit details etc when asked and you should eventually be put through to an Agent.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/988105/customer-support-phone-numbers/p1

You could try a Factory Reset which will mean that all your favourites etc will be deleted. When you set ti up again it should sync to the Account and maybe it will do the Routes then.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device

Doug
    oke, I hope and pray.
    That was a bad idea, can not find my language anymore. Just Magyar, espanol, potugues, italiano, polkski and some others
    Hi @Rosingkamp

Ooops that should not happen and certainly not so far to me when I have done. a Factory Reset. Usually sorts any problems I have had that a Soft Reset does not sort.

Customer Support. now. Something has certainly gone wrong. All the best. They may suggest a Recover the device as here.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

Doug

well my italian was better than I thought. Found the other lanquages and now I also have regained MyPlaces AND My Routes. Bach in the race, but have to find again everything. That will take some time, but my problem is solved. Thank you Doug.
    HI @Rosingkamp

Phew, I can sleep tonight. =) =)

Doug