TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

compatibility issue with touchscreen laptop?

Diver_DaveDiver_Dave Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
I've had real issues updating my Start 25 via MyDrive connect on my Microsoft Surface Laptop. After 2 separate support calls I'm now left with a useless TomTom which I'm told cannot be updated as MyDrive Connect is not compatible with touch screen laptops.

The issue is the Start 25 constantly disconnects and therefore I cant update it. It is also now showing No maps found. I've followed all the advice online all to no avail, and the upshot of my conversation with the latest support guy was that my laptop will not work with this.

Anyone had any similar issues?

My TomTom now appears to be useless and very disappointed with lack of support. I'm off to buy a Garmin..... ;o)

Answers

• Diver_DaveDiver_Dave Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks Doug,
    I'm trying on a different laptop now. I'll give this a try if it no joy with that. If it doesn't work, I'm probably going to bin it and buy a Garmin instead. Very disappointed in TomTom support. I've spent hours of my life on this already. :(
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,238 Superusers
    Hi
    @Diver_Dave

The above link to my post 'Random Disconnects on Surface Pro 3 & 4' is to the previous Forum Providers site, the link is dead

The Computer Manufacturers appear to be setting "USB Selective Suspend" to ON as default... Especially Laptops, maybe to improve the look of the battery life

Random Disconnects on Surface Pro 3 & 4
    Do you have or have access to a 'Surface Dock', if so plug your device into a USB port on that. Others have found that to work

On the Win10 tablets, Microsoft has hidden the "USB Selective Suspend" menu
    You will need to edit the Registry for the USB Selective Suspend menu to show

See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1234855/#Comment_1234855

ATB YFM

Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > Thumb's Up Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'