PND not work away properly

Hello, :)

I have a GO500 for private use, which has some problems. :'(

Touchscreen works intermittently locking, with navigation instability and self-clicking randomly in the menus.

Loss of GPS signal and disorientation during navigation.

Can you help me find a solution that best fits your case? ;)

Best regards and have a great day!
Geovane Resende :3

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,548 Superuser
    edited April 16
    Hi @GeovaneGeo

If you have not updated the unit for a long time it may be that the the available free internal memory is less than 400mb. This is needed for Operational purposes.

If the unit internal memory is limited and you have no extra memory fitted then get a Micro SD Class 10 card ie Sandisk or Samsung 16gb or Max 32gb from a reliable source to avoid fakes and add to the unit.

Check for any updates and if any get your unit up to date.. It may be that because you have not updated the map for a long time that the new one is too big to fit on the internal memory and so will go to the added memory. this will free up a lot of internal memory.

If that fails then:-

Try a Soft Reset. When it is on and well charged, or connected a power source, hold down the ON/OFF button until you hear the Drumroll sound.

If that fails to sort it try a Factory Reset.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device tap Okay.

This will delete all your data from the Unit ie favourites (MyPlaces also any Poi and Route files you have on the unit. If you open the TomTom MyDrive Webpage, not My Drive Connect, and log in you should see all the data there.. The you complete the factory Reset and Set the unit up as you did when you took it out the box, then the Data should sync back to your unit when you link the unit to the PC.

Doug
  • GeovaneGeoGeovaneGeo Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]

Hi Doug

Thank so much for help me, i will follow your tips and I tell you how was. ;)
    Hi @DougLap

I followed your instructions, but it does not work, the gps continues with a strange behavior navigating alone through the PND menus.

What is the next step?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,487 Superusers
    edited May 11
    Hi
    @GeovaneGeo

I the device the very old NAV2 GO 500 from back in 2005
    If 'Yes' thoroughly clean the screen especially around and under the bezel, a piece of thin stiff card is good to remove grunge from under the bezel

If the device is the latest NAV4 GO 500... Have you fitted a Screen Protector, if 'Yes'... remove it

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

If @YamFazMan 's comment re a screensaver is not applicable then try the following.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

The 3 Taps is the tricky bit. They are quite fast and you may need to try a few times to get it right.

All the best

Doug
    Hello @YamFazMan

I followed the instructions of link, but the GPS continue doesn't working properly way.

Think that I need support technical personal, take in some representative or store for physics to analyze.
    Hi @VikramK

Could you check @GeovaneGeo 's settings all okay at Tomtom end

Doug.

Hi @GeovaneGeo

I understand from @VikramK that screen issues if not sorted by the Cleaning the screen ,and where appropriate under the bezel, or removal of screensavers that recovery or similar software actions are not very likely to resolve the issue.

Regrettably it seems likely that this is something that needs to be repaired. I am not sure what options you have for repair in Brazil but depending on the cost the money ma y be better spent getting a new model with more up to date features.

Doug