Replace Go730 with Go 6200. Despite asking previously the power cable doesnt fit and the bracket sut — TomTom Community

Replace Go730 with Go 6200. Despite asking previously the power cable doesnt fit and the bracket sut

Replace Go730 with Go 6200. Despite asking previously the power cable doesnt fit The power source is hard wired into the vehicle) and the bracket is not suitable - it needs to stand off a further 10mm. as the glass is recessed in the body panel. I cannot use the supplied bracket.
How do I transfer all my all my Favourites (Destinations) etc., from my Go 730 to this Go 6200.
I am finding access to your web site impossiblwe

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,888
    Superuser
    Hi @HK_Chuck625

Does this help.at all.

Doug
  • HK_Chuck625HK_Chuck625 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Not sure what you meant …. was there a link?
    Hello Doug,
    I have not tried it yet but it does look promising; Thank you for your reply.

Perhaps you could help on my other issues with device.

1). I was told by TOM TOM that the power cable hard wired into the car will be the same as my old one - wrong! But I cannot find a power lead to wire directly to the car electrics, as I will not have loose wires from a cigar lighter socket. At the moment I can only assume I have to cut off the cigar socket plug and go that route.

2). I need a support bracket with a longer arm as I use a small side window rather than the windscreen. Any ideas ? The one supplied is about 7-10mm too short. Ideally it needs to be 10-12mm longer arm.

Grateful for any help if you can.

If I cant fit it as my older GO730 I am sending it back.

Kindest Regards
    Chuck
    I give up!
    I have loaded, installed (several times) TomTom My drive, it doesn't work. yes it will keep updating and yes it tells me Wi-Fi updates the device but I am fed up going round in circles. If you click "Got-it" it goes to what device. I click on it, then it goes back to updates ….. and so on.

I want to return this unit as it is not fit for purpose
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,888
    Superuser
    HI @HK_Chuck625

You do not need a computer to update the GO6200 unless your Wifi is slow.

The GO6200 connects directly to your Wifi and you can select the individual updates you want to install and do them one by one which is the best way to do it.

If your wifi is slow you start the MyDrive Connect software on the PC and attach the GO6200 via cable to it. You will get the flash screen about updates by wifi. You now use the menus on the GO 6200 to manage the update process and in the meantime the MyDrive Connect Software can be running in the Background on your PC.

Doug