I can't log into MyDrive Connect app v10.25 with a valid password

Mark_RMark_R Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
I have the Start 50/5 unit. It requires the app "MyDrive Connect" in order to load new maps. I don't have the app running constantly on startup as I manually connect every 3 months to update the maps myself. There are usually updates to the app that need to be handled before I can update my device. I bought the unit in Jan 2015 and this process has been working ok. Except today.
I start the MyDrive Connect app, it is version 10.15, and it prompts me to update to 10.25, which I do. The app restarts. When I try to log into MyDrive Connect, there is a 60 second pause and then it returns to the login screen with no change. If I purposely enter the wrong password, I immediately get an error message. I can also log into tomtom.com ok, so my password is valid. I rebooted the machine and tried again; same result. I exit the app and start it in Admin Mode; same result. If I can't log into the app, I can't update my device.
Tagged:

Answers

• chas51chas51 Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    Having same problem. Can log into website but not through MyDrive Connect
  • Mark_RMark_R Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    OK I kept trying and eventually got through. Apparently when the servers are very busy, the client app MyDrive Connect does not know how to handle the returned error code. Not very friendly.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,812 Superusers
    edited May 18
    Hi
    @chas51

On the rare occasions that I have problems with MyDrive connect
    I use either.....
    Option... (1) Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    OR
    Option... (2) Delete the Home3 and the Mydrive Connect Folder

Option…(1) Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    Revo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

Option... (2) Delete the Home3 and the Mydrive Connect Folder
    If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom\

If you delete the Home3 and the Mydrive Connect Folder it removes the Cache Folders & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml files and and force a reload of the Cache Data
    A new Home3 and MyDrive Connect and their contents are created fresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect
    You will have to login again, as if you had just installed MyDrive Connect

Method…..

(1)... Disconnect the SatNav from the PC and reset it by holding down the off button for 20 secs until you hear the ‘drumbeat’ release the button
    (2)... Press keys ‘Windows’ + ‘R’… To Open the ‘Run’ box
    (3)... Type into the ‘Run’ box %localappdata%/TomTom
    (4)… Press Enter... A new window opens, delete the Home3 and MyDrive Connect folders
    (5)... Close all windows
    (6)... Turn on the SatNav and reconnect it to the PC and open ‘My Drive Connect’
    You will have to login again, as if you had just installed MyDrive Connect

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'