620 won't use the truck option (low bridges, no truck roads)

Lady_Trucker18
Lady_Trucker18 Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Device set as Truck, 12', 77,000 lbs.

My device will not use the truck filter in the directions. Sends me down Parkways, under low bridges, over weight bridges. Contacted customer service. Did a factory reset with no results. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,821
    Superuser
    Hi @Lady_Trucker18

What is the Map description and Reference number in Maps.

Is it the original map that came with the unit that you have just updated from time to time. Have you downloaded another map at any time.

Doug
  • Lady_Trucker18
    New Seeker
    Maps - USA Canada TRUCK

No number. It was downloaded when I first turned it on. No purchase.
  • Lady_Trucker18
    New Seeker
    v1025.9458

Yes all dimensions entered. Set as trailer, 12', 77000 lbs.

When I first turned unit on it asked what map I wanted. I selected usa & canada truck. Then waited FOREVER for it to download
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @Lady_Trucker18

Ok. Thats unusual as Tomtom units normally come with a map already preloaded and are for the area of Purchase. For example I am in the UK and I have a GO camper. It came with Europe already loaded and the possibility of loading maps covering other areas.

When I look at the Manual for. a Truck 620 the Vehicle entry details are described on page 38 and don't mention a trailer. Do I take that to mean that the vehicle is what we call an Artic not a lorry with a Trailer.

I also see where I click to get the manual that there is mention of Maximum Weights for Truck GO units but it is not linked to anything. so I cannot find what that is.

It appears on Page 38 of the manual that you put in a Gross Weight of the whole vehicle and what I assume is the biggest Axle weight and they are put in as Tons.not Lbs . I wonder if your putting in 77000 is the problem. Just a thought.

One option you could try is a Factory Reset.

Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

This will restore the unit back to when you got it out of the box but should not remove the map you have on it. You will heve to set it up again. ie TT account details Bluetooth etcetera.

Doug

• Lady_Trucker18
    New Seeker
    Thanks for your help. I did the factory reset twice. Im heading to the "geek squad" in a little while. If they can't fix it im returning it.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Lady_Trucker18

Hope they can sort you out.

Doug