Where is the option to avoid Motorways? — TomTom Community

Where is the option to avoid Motorways?

grofgrof Posts: 44 [Renowned Wayfarer]
I don't seem to be able to plan a route avoiding motorways which seems to be a super basic requirement. Am I missing a trick? Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• grofgrof Posts: 44 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I'm sorry, I should have said that I'm using TomTom MyDrive to plot my route and then bringing it into the GO android app which does seem to have an avoid motorways option. What I want to do is plan a route in Mydrive avoiding motorways and then use it in the GO app.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,680
    Superusers
    Hi
    @grof

Sorry the plan a route avoiding motorways is NOT available using the MDW Route planner

ATB YFM
    Thanks YamFazMan,

I too am a YamFaz Man! I have a 2002 Foxeye. It's a real shame about not being able to avoid motorways. I hate motorway riding and it would be great if the MDW planner were more intune with the GO app IMO. Do you know if there are plans to intoduce this?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,680
    Superusers
    Hi
    @grof

I have a 2000 FZS600S Boxeye (With a Dipped & Headlight HID Conversion) B)

Using the MDW Route planner,If you use the 'Send Stops' Option it syncs a .ITN Route (Needs a Start + at least one Stop + Destination)
    The device will calculate the Route between the stops in the order the Stops were planned... Using the setting used in the 'Route planning' Menu on the device i.e... Avoid Motorways

ATB YFM
    Thanks again, sounds like a good workaround, but surely it would be simpler just to have a checkbox in the MDW. I can't be alone in wanting this..... I think I'll contact TomTom and see if they can give me some clues about its involvement.
    Fantastic! Thanks for letting me know.... I'll definately be subscribing to the GO app which I've been trying out. I have a query about spoken commands, but I'll repost.....
    Hmm, 'avoid motorways' doesn't seem to be available on my desktop app! I'll try it again later....
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0