Multiple map zones — TomTom Community

Multiple map zones

kfbkfb Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited August 2019 in Map installation
Hi. I have a Tomtom Start 25 with 8mb internal memory but no SD card slot. The complete Western Europe map will not fit on this device.

So I usually have Western Europe Zone 1 loaded which is fine when I'm in the UK. However, I'm off to Spain shortly which is in Western Europe Zone 3. I am unable to find a way to have both Zone 1 and Zone 3 loaded at the same time.

Any suggestions??

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,426 Superuser
    Hi @kfb

You don't load more than zone you only load 1 zone and then change it if you are moving out of the area.

When I did it years ago if you downloaded all the available Zones for the Europe Map to your PC then you could change the Zone on the unit to another Zone without the need of an Internet connection to the Tomtom servers whilst doing the change. If you didn't do this then when you wanted to change the zone then you had to be connected via the internet to the Tomtom servers even if you already have both zones already on your PC.

Doug
  • kfbkfb Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Doug

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, I'm flying out to Spain from UK. So I want Western Europe zone 1 to get me to the UK airport, then on arrival in Spain (and without my laptop), I want to use Western Europe zone 3 to get me to my destination.

On the surface, this seems like it should be very straight forward (and common) to achieve, but I still cant see a way of doing this.

Keith
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,022 Superusers
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    @kfb

Check if you device has a Micro SDHC Slot...
    b62fh48hr7uy.jpg
    ATB YFM

Hi @kfb

As @YamFazMan says look for an Extra memory Slot . Below is a chart of Compatible memory cards for Tomtom units . It appears that Stort 25 units have either 2gb or 4Gb of Internal memory. It also appears they can take a Micro SD card, which should be a Class 10 card I suspect an 8gb card will be than enough although it may take a bigger GB card up to a max of 32GB..

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634/kw/compatible memory cards

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,022 Superusers
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    @DougLap

According to one list the Start 25 'BQ' Model has 8GB + micro-SDHC
    "BQ">Start 25, 8GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3

But According to this FAQ... Start 25 'BQ' Model hasn't got a Micro SD Slot
    Find the model of your navigation device and what software it uses
    Here... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/locale/en_GB
    'BQ' entered... Your device is a TomTom Start 25 with 8GB memory and it updates through MyDrive Connect.

Then again According to the link in your post....
    Here... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634/kw/compatible memory cards
    There isn't a Start 25 with 8GB of on-board memory only 2GB & 4GB

ATB YFM
    So heres where I'm at....

My Start 25 BQ does not have a slot for a memory card - so unable to add maps that way
    It also will not load the full Western European map
    I want to have Western Europe zone 1 (for UK) AND Western Europe zone 3 (for Spain) on the device at the same time

I still cant see anyway of achieving this???
    Hi. @kfb

I don’t think that is possible.

Now on the old units you could download all the map zones to your PC. Then you could swop the zone on your unit without having to be connected to the TomTom servers whilst doing it.

Could you try and see if that works with the zones available to you. If you can download them all then try changing the zone on the unit without being logged into your account

Please let us know. It would not work on the old units if you only downloaded some of the map zones. In that case you had to be connected to the TT servers even if you were swooping zones that you had on your PC.

Doug
    Hi Doug

Thanks for your thoughts. There is no way inside Tomtom Mydrive Connect that I can see to select any two (of the three available) zones. The Tomtom Mydrive connect app just allows you to replace any one zone with any other single zone. All I want is to have two zones available on the satnav device at the same time.

Keith
    Hi @kfb

Thanks for coming back.

Doug