Are you aware of scammers at tomtommapupdate.us? - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Are you aware of scammers at tomtommapupdate.us?

2»

Answers

• VigilantVigilant Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I believe this was the site where I contacted Webchat https://updatesatnavmaps.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIttyxvdfJ5wIVArTtCh16UQaaEAAYASAAEgKmJPD_BwE
    I am sure that Sophie was the Chat agent and she got the guy to call me. What he said made no sense unless he had ulterior motives which he did.
    I had already removed and reloaded Mydrive and tried it on a seperate computer. Finally after the incident I loaded it on to a different laptop and it all updated correctly.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,590
    Superuser
    Hi @Vigilant

Thank you for the information. Flagged to @Luca and @VikramK .

Doug
  • needmapsneedmaps Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I was very nearly scammed on Feb 21st. It's obviously alive and well and continuing. It started with a webchat box, and then moved to a "technician". Very plausible, very good at it.
    They sent me an invoice after I declined their offers to take my money, declaring I'd made a contract.
    Would Vikram like a screenshot of that email?
    Superuser
    Hi @needmaps

Could you please click on @VikramK and send a personal message, you will see the link to send him a message, explaining what you did to get to the site and add the picture .

Glad you picked up on the scam.

Doug
  • PhilUkPhilUk Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    My guess is that Tom Tom drive as it is will just update any, and as many devices as plugged into a pc? Is that it? If so, that just enables this whole sideline industry of selling unlimited sat nav upgrades from one subscription from TomTom.
  • PraPra Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    When I search for 'tomtom service temporarily unavailable', I found below site in google search. Sadly, this guys are a scammer. Please be careful and do not download any thing as they advice. They will try to steam information from your computer.

https://www.satnavnavigationmart.com

Cheers
  • zoozoo Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Pra wrote: »
    When I search for 'tomtom service temporarily unavailable', I found below site in google search. Sadly, this guys are a scammer. Please be careful and do not download any thing as they advice. They will try to steam information from your computer.

https://www.satnavnavigationmart.com

Cheers

I just had an encounter via this website.

Same story, guy contacted me, stupidly allowed him access to my PC but immediately realised it was dodgy and terminated the call, rebooted my PC and unistalled the access software and ran a scan on my computer. Hopefully that's enough to stop any damage. Pc seems fine and i didnt give the guy a chance to ask or get and card details.

He called me from the following telephone number 0121 3187300

I called this number back from another phone and the same guy answered saying he was a Tom Tom Engineer, i told him i had the wrong number and hung up.

Hope this helps.
  • SnowglowjoeSnowglowjoe Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I have received 2 separate emails today, first confirming a speed camera subscription which I have not asked for. The second email confirming a continual monthly subscription for speed cameras.

Is this a mistake by TomTom or a scam? The email address of the sender is:

TomTom Transactional [[email protected]]

I have notified customer support, but any known details on this site able to confirm above, would be grateful.

I have not used MyDrive connect for quite some time since buying a new car
    Superuser
    Hi @snowglowjoe.

They are genuine but make sure Customer support act on your request to stop the update charges.

Doug