Battery replacement for tomtom spark cardio music

sweetman70sweetman70 Posts: 30 [Outstanding Explorer]
Hello all,
I thinking to buy a new battery for my tomtom spark cardio music.
I found this here (http://tiny.cc/riq34y) and it seems ok.
But how can I be sure to buy the right battery?
Is there someone that knows the tomtom spark cardio music battery model and specifications?
And: is the battery for tomtom spark cardio music identical to tomtom spark/spark 3?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Tony

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,730 Superusers
    You will not be able to get technical specs for the components and take the watch apart at your own risk. For the trouble you are going to go through to buy a battery and the likelihood of success you are better off investing in a new watch.
  • electroguyelectroguy Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    Likelihood of success? it took me 10 minutes to open the case, remove/replace my old battery and it works fine. The battery cost $13 bucks.. only things you need to know are 1) open it slowly, you dont want to break/tear the buzzer cord or ribbon for the heart monitor. 2) the battery plug lifts out 3) the old battery is glued in with cheap glue that will give away when you work on it. Take your time slowly separating the battery from the back case.. once you get it free, its a no brainer.

Of course, Tom Tom says the battery isnt replaceable.. I beg to differ..
  • sweetman70sweetman70 Posts: 30 [Outstanding Explorer]
    electroguy wrote: »
    Likelihood of success? it took me 10 minutes to open the case, remove/replace my old battery and it works fine. The battery cost $13 bucks.. only things you need to know are 1) open it slowly, you dont want to break/tear the buzzer cord or ribbon for the heart monitor. 2) the battery plug lifts out 3) the old battery is glued in with cheap glue that will give away when you work on it. Take your time slowly separating the battery from the back case.. once you get it free, its a no brainer.

Thanks Electroguy,
    These info are really usefull.
    Ciao
    Tony
  • sweetman70sweetman70 Posts: 30 [Outstanding Explorer]
    electroguy wrote: »

Hi Electroguy, where did you bought your battery?
    TIA
    tony