Transfer of ownership- How do I go about it?

LuisMateos
LuisMateos Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
I'm going to give my device to another user. How do I transfer my account so he can continue to enjoy the services (maps, traffic) that I now had on that device?

Answers

• LAURE123
    LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Hi @LuisMateos

The services are linked to the device not to the owner. To change ownership, remove the device from your account and The new owner will register it on his own account.

You, with your TomTom account, your device Not connected to the PC:
    1/ Remove the GO510 from your account with My Drive Connect. See the pictures below.
    tujlbg4m0dqe.png
    1xtj54ok2yo5.png
    2/ Perform a Factory Reset of the GO510. This will restore it to its original state by deleting all your personalized menu settings, your personal data (email, password, places/favorites/trips). Your latest updates, map and NavCore internal software will remain.
    In the GO510 ==> Main Menu (4Dots)/System/Reset

3/ Turn it off immediately, don't do the procedure of 1st start.
    Your GO510 is ready for its new owner.

- - - - - - - -

The new owner, must create his own account and link the GO510:
    1/ download and install MyDrive Connect,see the FAQ link below.
    2/ Create a TomTom user account.
    - In the MDC software in the 1st page, in the "NO Account Yet?" use the green button "Create Account".
    3/ Log in to MDC with email and password.
    4/ Connect the device to the PC with the cable.
    5/ The GO510 starts and displays the procedure of 1st start, country, language ...
    Enter the email and password, in case of forgetting go to:
    In the device ==> Main Menu (4Dots)/TomTom Services/MyDrive/enter email and password/Log In

The GO510 is linked to the new owner's account and update services are enabled, Lifetime Maps, Traffic, etc...

See this FAQ:
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/getstarted/p/2983

If you need help, contact TomTom customer support:
    España (Spain)
    Lunes-Viernes: 09:00-17:30

Regards.