GO 6000 with no internet

ColinnB
ColinnB Registered Users Posts: 5
Master Explorer
If I have a GO 6000 and no internet, how to I get new routes onto the 6000?

Best Answer

• ColinnB
    Master Explorer
    Answer ✓
    Hi. Thanks for all the comments. I'll try YamFazMan approach.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    HI @ColinnB

Other than creating them on the GO6000 and saving them in MyRoutes on there.

Load the MyDrive App on a phone log into your Tomtom Account and create a route there and send it to your device. where you could save it to MyRoutes on the device

On a PC go to the TomTom MyDrive website and do the same.

If the map you wish use is on the internal memory then you can copy a .gpx file which has been created either on another Tomtom unit or on a PC in 3rd party Software and load it onto a Micro SD card and insert it in the extra memory slot and import it into the Unit. You can also on a PC import the same .GPX file into your Tomtom account via the MyDrive Website.

Hope this helps

Doug
  • ColinnB
    Master Explorer
    Hi Doug.
    Thanks for the info. So I can save a .GPX file onto an SD and insert that into the GO6000 and read that route?

Colin
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    Hi @ColinnB

Yes BUT. You knew there was a but.

If you are in the UK for instance and have the full Europe map up todate then the map will be on the Additional Memory card as it is too big for the internal memory.. If this is the case then taking the only map out of the unit will cause boot up problems as you need a map on the unit to get it started. If the map is on the internal memory then you are fine.

If you have the map on the additional memory problem then contact Customer support and ask them to add a small map, does not matter what it is, to your account which will be saved on the internal memory. Your unit will then boot up and you can load the .gpx file via the Add memory slot. .

Doug `
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,804
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    @ColinnB

Catch22 'No Maps Found Error'
    If you only have one Map installed and its located on a Micro SDHC Card, when you swap the Map Micro SD Card for the Route/s transfer Micro SD Card you will get the 'No Maps Found Error'
    See Here...https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1635856/#Comment_1635856

To transfer a route to your NAV4 device using a Micro SD Memory Card.....
    Format you memory card on your PC to FAT32 format
    Copy your .GPX or .ITN route file to your Memory Card

My GO 5000 showing no routes installed.....

ca63324a-1f9d-4ae6-b84e-f924cfccf9f8.jpg
    Insert the SD Memory card into the Card Slot the device will recognise the Memory Card.....

ee41c992-7c40-4ad4-bd6f-e6a4c258fe3f.jpg
    fcbd0e45-8cba-4575-996a-6715a6c67744.jpg
    2f5dc2eb-de59-4977-a3ef-4de9a15b21f0.jpg
    6b9f6fba-2499-4670-97b5-854c143f3382.jpg
    14213df2-c56b-46ad-a0b6-0d0f7abe13eb.jpg
    Routes Transferred.....

ATB YFM
  • ColinnB
    Master Explorer
    Answer ✓
    Hi. Thanks for all the comments. I'll try YamFazMan approach.