I am about to update my 5200 to 6200. Can i switch my old 5200 to my sons email address? — TomTom Community

I am about to update my 5200 to 6200. Can i switch my old 5200 to my sons email address?

Will all the original purchase features still work. Lifetime Maps, traffic etc
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,105
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @Paul S

When you get your New GO6200 add it to your existing account along with the GO5200 and then it should Sync all the Favourites(MyPlaces), Poi and Route files you have on your account. If you go onto the MyDrive Website below and log in you should see this data saved there.

https://mydrive.tomtom.com/

Once you have done that click on the dustbin icon on GO5200 in MyDrive connect to remove it from your account and then do a full factory reset on the GO5200 to remove all your data and it is ready for your Son to set it up and add to his account.. Tap menu, Tap Settings, Tap System, Tap Reset Device.

Doug
  • Paul S.Paul S. Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Hi Doug. Thnx. helpful.
    I take it that you as didn't mention about original service so they will all work after Reset Device on 5200?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,105
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @Paul S.

Yes the unit should work just as if he had just taken it out of the box except it will still have on it the Maps you have on it now and the latest Software you have loaded.

If by chance, as it has happened, it does not list any maps that can be added then get him to contact Customer Support to get his account sorted as it still has all the Lifetime Maps etc it had when you bought it.

Doug
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 12,533
    Superuser
    Paul S. wrote: »
    Hi Doug. Thnx. helpful.
    I take it that you as didn't mention about original service so they will all work after Reset Device on 5200?

Yes. All services are linked to the serianlumber of the device.
    I have changed my both devices to another Mailadress and it works perfekt