Go 6000 not enough space — TomTom Community

Go 6000 not enough space

Henk2805Henk2805 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
I bought a Go6000 in 2015 didnt use it for a while. When I want to update my European card (v10.25 - 6521MB) it states please clean up space not enough room. Is this normal currently I have V10.00 - 5651 MB

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,975
    Superuser
    edited April 2019 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Henk2805

Get a Micro SD class 10 memory Card preferably a Sandisk, Samsung or similar major manufacturers card from a Reliable source to avoid possible fakes. 16gb or Max 32 Gb recommended. Inset it into the extra memory slot and when prompted ask to format for Maps.

This is quite normal and once you have done this then your unit can update. The map is probably to big to fit on the 8gb internal memory, the European map now up to 8.9gb, and so the new map goes to the extra memory and the old map removed from the internal memory. The freeing up of internal memory can help the operation of the unit. It requires 400mb plus of free memory internally to work properly.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    edited April 2019 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Henk2805

Get a Micro SD class 10 memory Card preferably a Sandisk, Samsung or similar major manufacturers card from a Reliable source to avoid possible fakes. 16gb or Max 32 Gb recommended. Inset it into the extra memory slot and when prompted ask to format for Maps.

This is quite normal and once you have done this then your unit can update. The map is probably to big to fit on the 8gb internal memory, the European map now up to 8.9gb, and so the new map goes to the extra memory and the old map removed from the internal memory. The freeing up of internal memory can help the operation of the unit. It requires 400mb plus of free memory internally to work properly.

Doug
    Superuser
    Hi @Henk2805

You will not have to delete an thing from the unit to make space doing this. In any case trying to get the Current European Map to fit on the Internal memory is virtually impossible whatever version you try. Even then if you managed it you will struggle to do it next time.

Doug