What happened to speed cameras?

CarolineDBC
CarolineDBC Registered Users Posts: 13
Legendary Explorer
I updated my Go 5000 a few days ago and speed cameras have disappeared ever since??? I can report one as being there/not but it doesn’t show them on the side bar or notify me anymore?

I really rely on this so I’d be grateful for any help.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Hi @CarolineDBC

Go into MyDrive Connect and check the expiry date for your Speed cameras. Maybe it needs renewing. .

Do a Soft Reset, Hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the Drumroll sound and see if that restores the Cameras. Bear in mind it only shows any cameras within a few miles of where you are not for the whole journey as if there is a Traffic problem you may be diverted from the route past cameras in the distance.

If that still does not resolve it then do a Full Reset. Firstly go to the MyDrive website, log in and see whether your Favourites (MyPlaces) Poi an any Route files you have on the unit are there. If they are then when you do the Full Reset they will be synced back to your unit after the Reset.

Full reset Tap Menu, Tap Settings , Tap System, Tap Reset Device, Tap Agree.

By the way it is recommended that you do Updates 1 at a time, not all in one go and that you do a Soft Reset when you have finished.

All the best

Doug
  • CarolineDBC
    Legendary Explorer
    Thank you. I’m sure I have lifetime cameras so will try the other steps. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your help :)
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @CarolineDBC

Okay. Still check the expiry date just in case. Then if it is showing as expired contact Customer support and ask them to sort your account out if you have lifetime Speed Cameras.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/988105/customer-support-phone-numbers/p1

Doug
  • CarolineDBC
    Legendary Explorer
    You’re a star. Thanks so much :)
  • CarolineDBC
    Legendary Explorer
    All sorted. Thanks again for your help.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @CarolineDBC

Your welcome. Glad you are up and running.

Doug