GPS update — TomTom Community

GPS update

After 14hrs of installing updates inc GPS quick fix nothing is still working, no GPS signal. I have also tried quick reset. So my just over 1yr old sat nav is useless, as it was yesterday whilst I was in the middle of nowhere in rural area with four kids. Thanks TomTom! Any useful suggestions on fixing appreciated

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,068
    Superusers
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    @Fuc

Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ???? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM
  • FucFuc Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks. I tried all of that and no effect...I went outside and no gps reception at all detected. I will try again later I guess in case by some miracle it resolves. Soft reset doesn’t seem to do anything so far as I can see... Thanks
  • simmursimmur Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Mine stopped working last Sunday. After hours of updating, I can't get a valid GPS signal!!
    I've reset a number of times but still no signal.
    When I plot a route it asks if I want to start from last known position (which is always where I am). How can it know where I am with no GPS signal??????