TTR 400 no pc connection — TomTom Community

TTR 400 no pc connection

GoldenAvatarGoldenAvatar Posts: 16 [Master Explorer]
When I connect my TomTom Rider 400 to my Windows PC via USB cable, no PC connection is established. Normally you will see a screen with 'PC connection' or something similar, but now nothing happens. The battery of the TTR 400 is fully charged.

I have tested with other USB cables, USB ports and PCs, but the TTR400 is not recognized with any combination. Even after a full reset it is not. The device management of Windows does not indicate anything either. When I updated the TTR 400 two weeks ago, the connection was still working and the navigation system was recognized. Since then I have done nothing with it.

Has anyone of you experienced the same and, more importantly, found a solution?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,704
    Superusers
    Hi
    @GoldenAvatar

Try…..
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    Revo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

ATB YFM
  • GoldenAvatarGoldenAvatar Posts: 16 [Master Explorer]
    It's not a problem with the software or the pc. The TTR400 is not recognized anymore - not by any pc. The device charges alright and still functions the way it should.

But it simply will not connect to any pc. Seems to be a hardware failure.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @GoldenAvatar

I was thinking corrupt drivers ???

On the rare occasions that I have problems with MyDrive connect
    I delete the HOME3 and MyDrive Connect folder from within MyDrive Connect...
    Note... As the Cache will be deleted, the Map/s etc... will need to download them again

On the NAV4 Devices, with the latest MyDive Connect....
    You CAN stop the DOWNLOAD of the update to your PC
    But
    You CAN'T Stop/Clear the Updating process to the device once its has started

If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom\

If you delete the Home3 and the Mydrive Connect Folder it removes the Cache Folders & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml files and and force a reload of the Cache Data
    A new Home3 and MyDrive Connect and their contents are created fresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect
    You will have to login again, as if you had just installed MyDrive Connect

Method…..

(1)... Disconnect the SatNav from the PC and reset it by holding down the off button for 20 secs until you hear the ‘drumbeat’ release the button
    (2)... Opening ‘Run’ on the PC (click on the windows symbol bottom left – type ‘Run’ in the search box to open ‘Run’.
    (3)... Type into the ‘run’ box %localappdata%/TomTom
    (4)… Press Enter... A new window opens, delete the Home3 and MyDrive Connect folders
    (5)... Close all windows
    (6)... Turn on the SatNav and reconnect it to the PC and open ‘My Drive Connect’
    You will have to login again, as if you had just installed MyDrive Connect
    Or
    Method…..
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    Revo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

ATB YFM

edited April 2019
    There's no problem with the software MyDrive Connect. There's a problem with the connection between my TTR 400 and my pc.
    When I connect the TTR 400 with a usb cable to my pc, the two devices (pc and ttr) do not recognize each other.

I have tested it with 3 cables and 3 pc's. If I connect the ttr400 to a freshly installed pc, that pc should recognize a new device. It does not.

Is it possible to 'flash' the latest ttr 400 firmware from sd-card in stead of via usb-cable and MyDrive Connect? Perhaps something went wrong with the latest update.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @GoldenAvatar
    Is it possible to 'flash' the latest ttr 400 firmware from sd-card in stead of via usb-cable and MyDrive Connect? Perhaps something went wrong with the latest update.
    Sorry NO the NAV4 devices like your TTR 400 need a USB connection for recovery

ATB YFM
  • JoelS.JoelS. Posts: 317 [Exalted Navigator]
    @GoldenAvatar

question, have you held the power button to reboot the rider 400 ??
    just asking, sorry if you have, just thinking here.
    I have held the power button to reset the ttr400. And I have reset the device via a menu option.