Go Pro 620 Live Services

I updated my Truck Pro 5120 with the New Go Pro 620. Excellent support to bring across my POI's and Favourites didn't loose one. Purchased the Europe Live Service £69.95 for 18months, DISASTER doesn't work and Tom Tom are ignoring my please to get it up and running, Sat Nav no good with Live Traffic Services might as well have a Map

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 1,101 Superuser
    edited April 6
    Hi @Pastor Garry

The unit comes with Lifetime Traffic and Cameras via your smart phone when you connect them together via Blue tooth. You don't need to pay for Europe Live services.

Here is the manual. Will help you set up connection to your Smart Phone. See page 14

http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/GO_Professional/refman/TomTom-GO_PROFESSIONAL-EU-UM-en-gb.pdf

Doug
  • Pastor GarryPastor Garry Posts: 14 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Doug,
    thanks but that does not work, my iPhone 5 will connect so that I have calling and messages but cannot share the data for Lifetime traffic to operate, so it seems I now have to update my iPhone to allow the system to work correctly. Plus if I do not need Europe Live Services on my Go Pro 620 why did TomTom sell it me!!!
    It is now 4 weeks and TomTom have not had the manners to reply to 7 emails.
    Hi @Pastor Garry

I assume yo have checked the following to see if your phone is compatible.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/content/name/Connect/page/3#connect-phone

Re the Live Services my comment was on the basis that you can connect your phone and get the included service.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 6,769 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Pastor Garry'

I was just reviewing your correspondence with the customer service and I see they have escalated your case for a refund for the GO PROFESSIONAL device.

Regarding the LIVE Services refund I see you purchased it's for your device TRUCK PRO 5150.

Regards
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
    edited April 8
    Hi @Pastor Garry

Ah now that @VikramK is on the case that makes more sense. I was going to check re the iPhone 5 when SHMBO comes back later.

I have asked Vikram to check something re the Live services and the question of compatibility with TT units as a result of your Post but now I see it was for your old unit that makes sense.

Doug
    No I did not buy the Live Service for my Old Go Pro 5150, it was already subscribed to Live Services so why pay again please. Yes my phone is compatible but in the 'About' it keeps stating "Trying to connect to data" I have done 3 re-sets, and All I get is it works in my home connected to the PC but as soon as I go outside no LIVE an x through the cars. I did ask if I should change the Go Pro 620 to the Go Pro 6000 (with sim) but still not had one single answer from TomTom just the above non helpful comments
    Hi Doug, thanks for the appreciated help but it does appear that the my mobile only partially connects to the Go Pro 620, hands free, Read Messages but no dat connection even though it has been activated. Really at a lost which is why I thought just buy Europe Live for new TomTom and be happy with that, but even that idea seems a none starter
    My Display on Bluetooth settings on Go Pro

Data for Traffic & other services
    Unable to connect

Yes I have My Drive App on the Mobile
    edited April 8
    Hi @Pastor Garry

Okay I have had a look at my GO6200 based unit and the iPhone 5. I made sure the phone had Mobile Data turned On and MyDrive running in the background.?

The iPhone 5 Links okay to my GO6200 but I have not got it to complete the Connection to the Traffic. However I have a Good Mobile signal where I am and in the setup info on the unit re the Data connection for Traffic it says that it will only use the Data connection if the inbuilt Sim is not connecting. I don't know if that is the reason its not showing a connection. The 620 will show it is working indoors however as a test can you turn the 620 on when you are out of range of the Wifi and see if the Traffic then works via your phone. Mind youI am assuming you have probably already done this when you are away. I believe there have been cases of units not picking up the Bluetooth signal when the Wifi connection drops out. . As I have said I certainly can connect to my Mifi and get it that way.

I assume that you meant you asked about the GO Professional 6200 which they advertise at £349.99 not the GO6000. . This does have the Inbuilt Sim and so you don't need to have your Phone connected unless you want the Phone Calls and Messaging facility and you can limit it to just connect for those services.

I have marked this for @VikramK to note your comment that you have bought the Live services for the GO620. I wonder if there is a confusion somehow and the subscription you have bought has been added onto the end of your existing one. What is the expiry date showing for the Live Services on the other unit.

Hope this helps.

Doug
    Hi Doug, thank you very much

The Live Services expiry on my old unit is 19/01/2021 (crazy).

As far as connecting to the phone/620 to the traffic I get exactly the same.

If having the Go Pro 620 for £349.99 solves my issues quite happy to pay difference. I do like the phone connection to the TomTom with hands free and message service.

Most important though is having Live Services so that the navigation device advices me of another route that is quicker, which is what I am used to with my little old Go Pro 5120. Which they did say will NOT OPERATE after April due to Satellite expiry???

Thanks again but sadly I am further back now than forward, my time has been eroded by TomTom issues which I am not used to, I have had my old unit for some 8 plus years without any problems, other than leads connecting to the PC.

Thanks again Garry
    HI @Pastor Garry

Definitely looks like Live Services has been added. The GO Pro 6200 will do what you want. The GO Pro 620 is the one you have.

If you use a lot of POI files then you will notice a difference . You cannot add or delete POI positions from a POI file you put on the unit now.

Click on this link @VikramK and send Vikram a message, see green button top left when you go to his profile, asking him if he can arrange to refund you the Live Service monies that has been allocated to the old unit, which was not the intentio , this will more than cover the difference between the cost of the unit you have and the GO Pro 6200.

Hope you get everything sorted.

Doug
    HI @Pastor Garry

Just for the record I have an Apple 5s and this morning I have paired it to my GO 6200 . If I go into Wifi settings it is possible to switch the connecting Wifi between my Phone and the Home Wifi. If I am connected to the Phone and turn the Hotspot off the TT unit switches to the Home Wifi immediately. It also connects including data via Bluetooth. All with the MyDrive App open and running in the background.

Doug
    Hi Doug,
    good advise which I did messaged to @VikarmK not heard anything (not unusual for TomTom).

Packed the Go Pro back into box it's no use as it is so I suppose I have wasted my money on both the Go Pro 620 and The Live Services on my 5120 as that will shortly not function.

An expensive experience taking advice from TomTom marketing. Very thankful for your time at least you tried to help. Will copy all emails and post them on my Facebook page as a warning to others.

Thanks again Doug Bye
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 6,769 TomTom Moderator
    @Pastor Garry

I have sent a heads up to our customer care team to raise a refund request for the LIVE Services you paid for.

They will be contacting you with any further updates..

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
    Hi VikramK,
    I realise that you have still not answered my initial question. But on receipt of the 2 credits for the Pro620 and the Live Services, is it your understanding that the Go Pro 6200 will be the right equipment for myself driving larger vehicles and requiring live traffic with suggested different routes to avoid delays.
    I have posted my Go Pro with UPS link http://www.ups.com/su/PxeRmJDK now I really do need a reply please will Go Pro 6200 be okay for myself, thank you
    Brilliant now TomTom has prevented me from logging into my account so I was just about to purchase the Go Pro 6200 but I cannot login, thank you, petty
    Hi @Pastor Garry

As a customer like you I have the GO Camper which is similar in many ways to what you are looking for.. On a recent 4 hour trip ending near to the Dartford Tunnel it started to advise me of a delay on the route which got to around 29 minutes. Eventually as it got within about 40 miles it then advised me of a 21 minute quicker route which I took.. I knew the area and had worked out where the delay was likely to be and was thinking of that alternative as a possibility. The Tomtom appears to wait until you are nearing the problem in case the delay clears or shortens sufficient to mean a change in route is not worth it. Eventually it decides to offer it as it is becoming clearer that the new route is going to be beneficial.

Hope that is helpful to you.

Doug
    Hi Doug

very, helpful, I will now order the Go Pro 6200 with a prayer and my debit card,
    I thought I might be offered a discount apparently not
    edited April 9
    Sorry not aware of any offers on that unit.

Doug
    Hi Doug I have ordered the Go Pro 6200 and returned the Go Pro 620, I hope I now get my refunds and become a happy TomTom user again, thank you and also VikramK,
    Can't believe the service I am now receiving from TomTom, I have 2 emails acknowledging receipt of the Go Pro 620 and yet Satnam K is asking have I sent it!!! He wants the tracking number and UPS office, given that and yet he still cannot work out they have the Go Pro 620. I have now decided to leave the new Go Pro 6200 at the UPS office and not collect, rather have another refund and seek a Truck Sat Nav with another supplier who can give a better service, 4 week 28 emails, £700 plus out of my bank and I still have not got a working Live Services Truck sat Nav. Very Poor
    Can you turn OFF Parking and Petrol on the Go Pro 6200, looked at manual can't see a way to do this, help please ta