TomTom GO 40 S 3D Buildings Missing — TomTom Community

TomTom GO 40 S 3D Buildings Missing

While in Driving in Downtown Shelby, I Can't See 3D Buildings on my TomTom GO 40S! :/ Can TomTom Add 3D buildings in more or less Urban Cities like Shelby, NC? =)81ihiu0te7fc.jpg

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,751 [Elite Vanguard]
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    @AndyG1714

The 3D building are only available for Major Cities/Towns and Tourist Attractions
    The 3D building Map for say 'Europe' is already near as dammit 9GB, to include every City/Town the Maps would be impossibly huge.

See... https://www.tomtom.com/automotive/products-services/real-time-maps/3d-navigation/

ATB YFM
  • AndyG1714AndyG1714 Posts: 44 [Outstanding Explorer]
    But Shelby DOES have attractions, like Earl Scruggs Center!
  • AndyG1714AndyG1714 Posts: 44 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Anyways, people don't normally have just 16GB in their phone anymore. Nowadays, most people have about 32 GB to 256 GB in their phones now. So that part doesn't matter anymore @YamFazMan
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,751 [Elite Vanguard]
    edited June 2
    Hi
    @AndyG1714
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    (Snip)The 3D building are only available for Major Cities/Towns and Tourist Attractions
    The 3D building Map for say 'Europe' is already near as dammit Edit 9GB 9GB +, to include every City/Town the Maps would be impossibly huge.
    See... https://www.tomtom.com/automotive/products-services/real-time-maps/3d-navigation/
    ATB YFM
    AndyG1714 wrote: »
    Anyways, people don't normally have just 16GB in their phone any more. Nowadays, most people have about 32 GB to 256 GB in their phones now. So that part doesn't matter any more @YamFazMan
    Yes the latest phones do/can have more memory available, that's the easy bit... But it still leaves Tomtom the problem of producing the the impossibly huge and pointless Maps with 100% 3D rendered buildings....

I have 110MB/s Broadband, Win 10 PC hard wired back to the router, the full Europe Map is 9GB + in size
    My GO 60 takes around 55 to 65 Minutes to update the Map....

I guess if the FULL Europe Map was 100% in rendered in 3D building would take several hours to update/install... Users already complain that updates take too long , also all the extra 3D rendering of the display would have a massive hit on the performance of the device... There has to be a balance between useful features versus pointless features versus performance

I always drive using 2D Maps, I use my GPS as a tool to navigate to a new Towns/Citys/Tourist Attractions....
    Park the car and enjoy the Town/City/Tourist Attractions in Real Live 3D

Stay Safe... ATB YFM