WNRO on 6 April 2019 - ONE-TIME UPDATE FOR YOUR DEVICE

2»

Answers

• TuMaRis53TuMaRis53 Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @tiljes

The problem with the RIDER devices(Timer reset 00:00), serial number starting- K4 is something we are investigating.

We hope to have a fix for this soon.

Sorry about the inconvenience caused.

Regards
    Vikram

Has the problem repair been advanced?
    When can we expect a corrective update?

Best regards
    Matti Ristola
  • TuMaRis53TuMaRis53 Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Do you intend to transfer customers to competing brands with these updates?
    I am looking for an update 00:00 for the problem!
  • jdaviesjdavies Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    TuMaRis53 wrote: »
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @tiljes

The problem with the RIDER devices(Timer reset 00:00), serial number starting- K4 is something we are investigating.

We hope to have a fix for this soon.

Sorry about the inconvenience caused.

Regards
    Vikram

Has the problem repair been advanced?
    When can we expect a corrective update?

Best regards
    Matti Ristola

Ditto
    Jjd
  • WoodseyWoodsey Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Kimsaba,
    It seems you have knowledge of using a cheepo £25 Chinese Satnav. Can you please provide a link to direct me to this model that I assume you are using yourself without any issues? The Ebay direct link to the product itself would be very advantageous, well at least for me anyway, because it seems clear Tom Tom are intent on NOT providing help to achieving a WNRO fix in the form of a correct one time fix or better still a hyper link on this or their own website to upload and download the WNRO one time fix that should allow a GPS signal as well onto a model ONE XL, that I repeat was working before the 6th April but will now not connect or provide a GPS signal on the unit. Having read everyone's Posts it would not surprise me as is not difficult for Tom Tom to switch off the pulse within their software that bounces to the satellite which allows a GPS signal to be sent and received. Hell they do it with Map updates and when they decide your product is no longer supported with software updates so why not a GPS signal !! It's a sure way to scupper models they want to ignore for good.
    I'll await your link Kimsaba Regards Woodsey
  • kevtomtomkevtomtom Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
    Absolutely agree. We have 4 tomtom 910 which have been fantastic and much better than the current range so we want a fix too as ril we were stuck in Europe without a satnav on small roads without a satnav as ours simply wouldn't fix. Evenn if tomtom no longer support the 910 I can s lash back that the company will soon go into liquidation.
    My wife is Dutch and we have heard thsame un cooperative thing happens in Holland and they make the things.
    I have tried to contact tomtom but they are simply a symptom of the modern consumer society ie they want your money but no support.
    I am really disappointed with tomtom over this and can only hope that they finally offer a GPS update to cover the roll over or someone issues a third party fix
    Kevin
  • AbandonedAbandoned Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    TomTom or SomSom????I agree with the author above at this point.
    My experience is the one time roll over fix promised has NOT been supplied by TomTom, for TomTom One New Edition.

I have tried several times to update my device. There is a different GPSQuick fix, which does not address the WNRO problem at all, in fact it does little!

Do Tom Tom fully understand their HW and SW or are they trying to mis sell new devices?????

Do Tom Toms management understand that they are Letting down customers in this way and falsely presenting a picture that all is as it was without a fix, with timing information missing?
    NOT the CASE TOMTOM now, the device hardly works and is destined for the environmental waste pile of functional unnecessarily thrown away used electronics polluting our planet.

Who is the MD or CEO of Tom Tom, does he understand and support what is happening in his company? Or misguided by the wrong information of others? Or plain does not care?
    Any Ideas how to contact him - difficult enough to break through the menus and contact TomTom, as online support claims a level of support that it doesn't.

Now the BIG question is it TomToms intention to support its loyal customers or NOT?
    Its rather looking like "NOT".

So why would anyone invest in a GBP300 device, minus a pathetic 20% discount
    for a NEW device from a company that cares so little about its customers. A GBP100 offer and an apology might be considered but when its cheaper to source on line, elsewhere even a TomTom discount seems like an empty gesture :-(

So rather than invest in a premium TomTom today, that could be randomly supported OR NOT tomorrow, a GBP30 SomSom or similar from China looks like a better bet all round than a GBP300 TomTom, sorry to be logical...........

Pleased to hear of any other experience's with this device form other readers and any suggestions please?
  • tiljestiljes Posts: 186 [Revered Navigator]
    Abandoned wrote: »
    Pleased to hear of any other experience's with this device form other readers and any suggestions please?

TomTom's hands are tied if the GPS chip vendors don't supply updates. However, I made a workaround that cures the time reset problem. You can find it on www.rima-lock.com. No affiliation with TomTom and use at your own risk.