TomTom XL Live Updates Caused System Boot Failure — TomTom Community

TomTom XL Live Updates Caused System Boot Failure

After having received an email from TomTom yesterday concerning the upcoming WNRO on 6 April 2019, I undertook the one time update. Now the device can not be seen by MyDrive Connect, Tom Tom Home seems to see it and update it, but when I disconnect it from the PC it is stuck in the boot up screen with a round red X. I have tried the hard reboot (keep finger on start up until you hear the drums) but there is no change.

Best Answers

Answers

• kimcsabakimcsaba Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    ...........and this is why I have never bought a new TomTom since my XLlive device. They only make sat navs and cant even get the software right for them, since new they have always offered glitchy and poor software. Will use my google maps now on my smart phone. R.I .P TomTom
  • kimcsabakimcsaba Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Used TomTom Home, the WNRO update is not there, even though TomTom's own email to me with my serial number syas it needs it and tells me to install it.

TomTom are useless
  • p99coe_un41p99coe_un41 Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    This link helped resolve the problem, but at first it could not find my maps but after a few more updates and restarts it was back working.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23914