WNRO Once only update for old TomTom XL with 2Gb memory — TomTom Community

WNRO Once only update for old TomTom XL with 2Gb memory

I received an email from TomTom advising me that they had released an update for my old XL device that is no longer supported due to the WNRO change.

I followed the instructions and was presented with 3 map options to update:
1) East USA + Canada
2) West USA + Canada
3) North USA + Canada

Instructions specified that I should select one of the three and install it to avoid WNRO issues and that the other 2 will always be available in my HOME directory to switch over.

I installed the East USA+Canada and seems to be working OK, although it is slower.

I reconnected my XL device to my computer to install the West USA + Canada to test and it NO longer appear in my update list ???
All it tells me is that my device is up to date ! No options to load the West USA+Canada :-0

I specifically checked it would be possible to swap the maps out as I use my TomTom across all the USA.

I emailed back the address from where the update email was sent to me and although it is a Customer Support email address they replied (autoreply in multiple languages) to post my question here.

Has anyone got any idea how I can get to the other 2 map options ?

As now I only have half of the USA maps (East USA+Canada) :-(

Thanks in advance

SG

Best Answer

• sg4532sg4532 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Solved by looking in the forum and extrapolating from another answer !!

All is needed to do is go to Manage my XL and change the Map zone and the other 2 appeared as options to be loaded.

SG

Answers

• sg4532sg4532 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Solved by looking in the forum and extrapolating from another answer !!

All is needed to do is go to Manage my XL and change the Map zone and the other 2 appeared as options to be loaded.

SG