Is it possible to set MyDrive Connect to start\run minimised on Windows 10 Pro? — TomTom Community

Is it possible to set MyDrive Connect to start\run minimised on Windows 10 Pro?

StevenDonStevenDon Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
G'day,
As the question asks, i would like to have the MyDrive Connect app on my Windows 10 Pro PC to start minimised.
As it is, the app will start in a large window, and i then have to manually minimise it myself. It may not be a big task, but i sometimes just turn my computer on for a quick task, and i have a few programs that won't run minimised, so the more i can, would be a great help.

Cheers,
Steven

Best Answers

• MyNameAllreadyExistsMyNameAllreadyExists Posts: 82 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    edited April 2019 Accepted Answer
    Same as @dhn. I am running Widows 10 Pro. Open MyDrive Connect>Click on settings top righthand side (gear wheel)>Deselect 'Start My Drive when computer starts'.

Answers

• nabunabu Posts: 14,481
    Superusers
    edited April 2019
    oui on peut
    Yes we can

mtnmc6htc3hw.png
    edited April 2019 Accepted Answer
    Same as @dhn. I am running Widows 10 Pro. Open MyDrive Connect>Click on settings top righthand side (gear wheel)>Deselect 'Start My Drive when computer starts'.
  • StevenDonStevenDon Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for your help everyone 😀
    I knew about that option, but I had hoped it was possible to have it run when the computer starts, but have it run minimised, or in the background.
    I know a previous incarnation of the app used to run in the background, and I wouldn't see it until I either plugged my PND into the computer, or it wanted to update. I had hoped there may have been an option to run in the same way.
    Of course my latest PND connects from the garage via wifi, so it's not the same either.

Back in the Windows 7 days, I could change the properties of the link in the start up folder, and make programs start minimised, but Windows 10 is somewhat different.

Thanks once again for your help. I will keep looking, and if I find a way to do it, I will let you know here.

Cheers,
    Steven.
  • StevenDonStevenDon Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    nabu wrote: »
    oui on peut
    Yes we can

mtnmc6htc3hw.png

Hi Nabu,
    Can you expand on your comment please?
    Are you saying yes we can set the program to start minimised? If so, can you explain please?

Cheers,
    Steven.
    @StevenDon "Thanks for your help everyone 😀
    I knew about that option, but I had hoped it was possible to have it run when the computer starts, but have it run minimised, or in the background."

Not sure the technical explanation but MyDrive runs in the background when unticking 'Start My Drive when computer starts'. At least you can install updates via WiFi etc. Just to be clear, I have unticked 'Start My Drive when computer starts'. and everything works as it should and MyDrive does not open, that is as it does when you double click the desktop icon.
  • nabunabu Posts: 14,481
    Superusers
    Hi StevenDon
    at the normal start, click at the top right to reduce.
    it does not reduce. take the angle of the page with the mouse.
    go back to desired size
    close open now it's desired dimension