WNRO Update problem — TomTom Community

WNRO Update problem

AmjyAmjy Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
I have updated my device (IQ Routes XL) as recommended on the email I received regarding WNRO update however my device is now no longer operational. It will not show detail. It seems to have reset to factory settings with regard to location (Andorra) and now wont let me change the country or select a location to go to. In fact it freezes and then restarts. The restart does not correct the problem and it does the same each time.

I have reset the device and also tried to check for updates again but it doesn’t recognize any updates needed. My device was still working fine yesterday and now does not work.

Can anyone help?

Best Answer

• AmjyAmjy Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    I managed to fix the problem by changing the area map.

Answers

• AmjyAmjy Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    I managed to fix the problem by changing the area map.
  • kimcsabakimcsaba Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Amjy wrote: »
    I have updated my device (IQ Routes XL) as recommended on the email I received regarding WNRO update however my device is now no longer operational. It will not show detail. It seems to have reset to factory settings with regard to location (Andorra) and now wont let me change the country or select a location to go to. In fact it freezes and then restarts. The restart does not correct the problem and it does the same each time.

I have reset the device and also tried to check for updates again but it doesn’t recognize any updates needed. My device was still working fine yesterday and now does not work.

Can anyone help?

I had an email from TomTom saying even though they sent out these e-mails you I should not install the update ( even though I cant even find it on the TomTom Home software) as the device hardware is too old and will brick it. Suggest you contact TomTom and ask they give you a free replacement device as they told you to brick your device.