Is there a shortcut to get to Marked Locations?

BanditXUT
BanditXUT Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hello Guys.
I have about 150 Places stored on my GO 5200. Every time I want to save a new place I tap on the arrow, mark the current location and then go to My Places, scroll down to the bottom of the list until I get to Marked Locations and then open them. I then select the Marked Location I have just marked, save it to My Places and give it a name.
Do I really have to scroll to the bottom of my list every time I want to get to the Marked Location option or is there a shortcut somewhere?

Thanks.

Bandit.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,830
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @BanditXUT

If you Tap on the Arrow head the Menu option is Mark Location.
    However if instead you scroll in to enlarge the Map and Tap just off the Arrow then Tap the 3 vertical dots then the option is to Add to My Places. Tap that and it takes you straight to the Name the Place Page..

Doug
  • BanditXUT
    New Seeker
    Thanks for that Doug.
    Does it mark where the arrow is as the location or does it mark where you have tapped the screen?
    Bandit.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,830
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @BanditXUT

Where you Tap the screen which if you have scrolled out can be yards from the middle of the arrow. Or just move a few yards before tapping the Screen below the arrow..

Doug
  • BanditXUT
    New Seeker
    Good point, I hadn't thought about that.
    Many thanks for your help.
    I was getting a bit hacked off with scrolling down a massive list all the time.
    Have a good day.

Bandit.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,794
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    @BanditXUT

When using the 'MyPlaces' Menu you don't have to search down the long list of MyPlaces... You can Global Search MyPlaces....

Say in MyPlaces you have...
    Costa Worcester
    Costa Bromsgrove
    Costa Droitwitch
    Costa Bridgnorth

Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search
    The MyPlaces appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen
    If you Type say 'C' a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen
    Either continue to type 'Costa b' and the Costa Bromsgrove and Costa Bridgnorth outlets will display at the top of the list
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    Or
    Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search
    Then type say 'C' and a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen continue to type 'Costa
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and a full list of costa outlets will display
    After completing your search, to navigate to a 'MyPlace'... Tap the required MyPlace --> Tap the 'Drive' Icon or Tap on the 3Dot Icon, a quick menu will open with more options

PS... Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search type say 'T' on the right-hand side of the Search screen will be all of your MyPlaces beginning with 'T'
    But on the left-hand side of the Search screen will be a list of your recent destinations beginning with 'T'
    Don't forget to Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    PPS... There is also a dual Icon with 3 Lines & 2 Circles...

bf5c60ee-cdb2-4ca7-bcae-a1f0f9623372.jpg
    Tap the the 3 Lines or 2 Circles to toggle between List & Map view
    Tap the Keyboard Icon to return to the Keyboard & Search menu

ATB YFM
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,794
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @BanditXUT
    However if instead you scroll in to enlarge the Map and Tap just off the Arrow then Tap the 3 vertical dots then the option is to Add to My Places. Tap that and it takes you straight to the Name the Place Page... Doug
    Maybe useful....
    Tapping the Direction of travel pointer (Above the + & - signs)

0lk1r8wc2qzv.png
    Switches the map view between the Driving & Planning views
    If you are using the North-up overview planning Map
    The direction of travel pointer... is flatter more squat

e3rpb60l5sv0.jpg
    (1)... Long Tap on the Chevron Location cursor (Tap and hold for + 1 second) a Quick menu opens... Tap the 3Dot Icon Tap 'Add to my places'
    (2)... Long Tap anywhere on the screen (Tap and hold for + 1 second) a Quick menu opens... Tap the 3Dot Icon Tap 'Add to my places'

Note... Long and short taps give different menu option

ATB YFM