forgot the password for my GO720 — TomTom Community

forgot the password for my GO720

I
I lent my GO 720 to my daughter and got it back with a password. Unfortunately she has forgotten this password and I cannot use the TomTom anymore. Can someone tell how I can delete this password?

Answers

• Leduc5059Leduc5059 Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    New !! I need 4 numbers for the password. When I type 1 it lights 3, when I type 2 it lights also 3 and so on. 3 becoms 4, 4 becoms 5, 5 stays 5, 6 becomes 8, 7 becoms als 8, 8 becoms 9 and 0 stays 0.... ? Anyone who can tell me how to fix it ?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,326
    Superusers
    Try resetting the device using the reset hole on the bottom of the device.
    Sorry dhn, I already tried that, but did not help. I have changed the accu a year ago, so know how to open the device. Maybe he will reset better if I also remove the battery? Do you know that ??
  • Redleader55Redleader55 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I keep having to log into my account although it still shows my name top right. It doesn't have a 'forgot password' option but asks to enter current password[which I can remember but the black dots seem like double my password count] so I can't change my password.
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    I keep having to log into my account although it still shows my name top right. It doesn't have a 'forgot password' option but asks to enter current password[which I can remember but the black dots seem like double my password count] so I can't change my password.

Are you talking about this forums password or the devices passcode (which is what this topic is trying to fix)?
    Redleader55, It is the password for the device, but in the meantime it became clear that my numeric keyboard is the problem. He gives the wrong numbers, a 1 becomes 3 and a 2 becomes 3, a 3 becomes 4 and a 4 becomes 5 the 5 remains 5. A 6 becomes 8 and a 7 becomes 8 an 8 becomes 9 and a 9 becomes 0 and the 0 remains 0. happened after the WRNO update I got from Tom Tom.