change from europe to usa maps — TomTom Community

change from europe to usa maps

pelle013pelle013 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
I have a tom tom via 1505m. How do I change the country from Europe to USA. when i go to Switch map, europe is listed and there's no way to choose usa or write in ??

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,733
    Superuser
    Hi @pelle013

Don't quite understand why Phones is mentioned but this is from a Via Manual to change to a Camper Map

1. Tap Settings in the Main menu.
    2. Tap Switch map then tap Phones.
    3. Tap the camper map to select it.
    4. Click Done in the Settings menu to return to the driving view.

Does your say Phones???

Doug
  • pelle013pelle013 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    i want to change from europe maps to usa maps on tom tom via 1505m...not a phone
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @pelle013

I can understand your reply but that is the wording on the USA website Via manual. page 94not a phone manual.

Hence my query do you have the word Phones appear when you tap Change the Map if so Tap Phones and see if the USA map appears.

Here is manual

http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/non-LIVE/TomTom-EU-non-LIVE-RG-en-gb.pdf

Doug
  • pelle013pelle013 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    ithe icon says Switch Map, under settungs, not change maps and the word Phone does not appear
    Superuser
    Hi @pelle013

What are the first 2 letters of your Via 1505. Most versions of that unit do not appear to have a SD slot for extra memory. If the unit has a memory slot is the SD card in it fully clipped in. Has the USA map been removed and replace by the European map because of the limited memory available on the units. . If so are both maps listed when you connect to the PC for updates. If so do you get the option to change the map there.

Doug .