GO 520 WiFi Cant add a new Map!

needToGo
needToGo Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hello all,

We are based in the US and are planning a trip to Turkey. Recently bought TomTom G520 (APN50), with lifetime world maps.

My wife, by mistake, installed US maps while setting up the device. However, I need to add Turkish map instead.

When I go to add maps option, I dont see any other maps available to add.

I cant delete US map because the device requires at least one map.

Wifi is all setup and I was able to update device as well as login successfully .

Does anyone know how do I replace US map with Turkish map?

Very frustrating.. any help is greatly appreciated! thanks

Answers

• big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    edited March 2019
    Right, you don't want to delete your US map. Your wife didn't make a mistake by updating it.

When you try to add a map you *should* see a list of other available maps. If you don't, please call TomTom support and ask them to add the maps you need to your account. Your model includes extra maps so there won't be an extra charge. It really is true that you can add maps :)

US support, for now: 877-757-7137 weekdays.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,787
    Superuser
    Hi
    @needToGo

The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices like you’re Go520 normally update using Wi-Fi...
    Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Tomtom NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices will only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

General Updates... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

ATB YFM
  • needToGo
    needToGo Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you @big yes, will try calling support next week

@YamFazMan wifi appears to be fine. was able to update software on the device and load US map. none of the other maps show up under map or new items setting... Thanks for the response though
  • prwhiteman
    prwhiteman Registered Users Posts: 8
    Master Explorer
    Did as told and instead of updating it deleted my old maps and uploaded New maps..too new ? the GPS turns on and tells me the maps installed are not supported on these older unit..Left with nothing waiting three days so far for a answer from tomtom...
  • argybargy
    argybargy Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    I have the same issue as needToGo. The "Add map" function in the settings shows only the available storage but not any possibility to add new maps

@needToGo could you solve it?

i went even into repairmode but it didn't work, still i cannot add new maps. The device is running on the latest software.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,787
    Superuser
    Hi
    @argybargy

Maybe the Forum Moderators @VikramK or @lampard will pick this up and check your A/C status....

ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,721
    Hi @argybargy

Welcome to the community!

Some changes have been made in the back end to fix the subscriptions.

Could you do a soft reset on the device and then check for updates, please?

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • mendel
    mendel Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    I have the same issue on both of my 5200 devices, when I press add map, and choose the relevant map, it comes back with an error message ' oops something went wrong' and on the other device, on 1 device, I made a hard reset, but it is not connecting to my account with the same message, and when i tried to connect to a PC and download from my drive, it says i have to pay, whilst i have world maps subscription