I have used the memory card slot on my Go 5000 to install USA maps. The device and also my Pc does

Margstran
Margstran Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
not open the data on the memory card. I have reset my device. When I try to format the memory card it says on the device that it is already formatted. I cannot therefore use the memory card.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    Hi @Margstran

Your PC will not see the data on the SD card as it is formatted for use in a Tomtom. What are you trying to do.

If there is no map on the internal memory and you take the SD card out the unit will not boot up correctly as it looks for a map.

Why do you want to format the Card.? What do you want to use the Card for.

Doug
  • Margstran
    Margstran Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Thanks for replying Doug. There is a USA map on the card as I installed in 2016 and used it in the USA. The problem is that my device is not reading my memory card now with that map on it that is why I tried to format the card to see if that would solve the problem but I have already formatted it so that is not the issue. The issue is that I can't access the maps which I know that I have installed on the card.
    Hope you can give me a clue,
    Margstran
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    Hi @Margstran

Does the unit boot up and display a map.of some kind because that map is on the internal memory. Check when you open MyDrive Connect and attach the GO5000 the amount of available memory on the internal and extra memory.

Doug