tom tom start 25 does not start since the update — TomTom Community

tom tom start 25 does not start since the update

hello I've updated my start 25 and after one week it does not star anymore. In my opinion is the battery that died. The tom tom is out of warranty. What can I do to make it fit again? How can I change the battery and where can I buy this battery? I am writing from Switzerland. Thank you for your answer.

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 11,985
    Superuser
    Hi
    You can try to charge the Sat Nav with a Smartphone charger for 2 hours.
    Then Press the on Button about 20 seconds and i hope that you then can hear the Drumsound and the device starts again.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works.

By the way: when it is easyer for you, then you can have a look in the German part of this Forum. https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/
  • markblueskymarkbluesky Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thank you so much man....I'll take a look on your link! I hope it works, otherway I have to buy a Garmin. Here in Switzerland the support for tom tom seems to be out.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 11,985
    Superuser
    Have you tryed this Number?
    Schweiz: 0844 0000 16 Mo 9:00-17:30 / Di - Fr: 09.00 – 16.30 Uhr
    no....I didnt know nothing about. Ok, I will try it on monday. Thank you very much for your help. Have a nice week end
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,532
    Superuser
    Hi @markbluesky

If battery needed.

Try and get replacement battery for Start 25 from say. Ebay

Doug
    It has worked. I've used the computer connection, 1 hours charge and with a 20 second pression on the start up bottom it is finally gone. Thank you very much for your help (even for the video)