Internal memory or memory card tom-tom go 510

Martythirty
Martythirty Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
Internal memory or memory card tom-tom go 510Can anyone please tell me how do you know that your tom-tom go 510 is reading your maps and speed camera from your internal memory or from your memory card , I have just inserted a new memory card and updated my Device Many thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• Martythirty
    Martythirty Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Many thanks both of you I thought I might have to select maps from my memory card or Alternatively From internal memory on my Device , I gather it picks it up automatically from both sources and I appreciate the note that speed cameras are always on my internal memory on my Device thanks again for the time and trouble in replying regards Martin
  • LAURE123
    LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    @Martythirty

You are welcome. :)

You only need to switch the maps when you want to change the used map file, so you need to have more than one map file installed on the device. For example, for me the map 'France' instead of the EU.

GO In your device ==> Main Menu (4Dots ...)/Settings/Maps and choose de map you want to use.

If you want to try, install a small map on the internal memory or kindly ask tomtom customer service a small unit map of the country where you live it will be more useful for you.

the Venezuela map, only 29MB, 1 or 2 minutes to download.
    In MDC ==> Open the submenu of the map in "My content" go down in "My Maps", click on the map picture, not on the button and choose the location 'On device'.

I advise you to keep a small map on the internal memory, Venezuela or another. Your device will always be functional and you will always have the choice of the location of the maps if there is space available on the chosen memory.

Regards.