GO 620 -dangerous demo/info — TomTom Community

GO 620 -dangerous demo/info

MagwaMagwa Posts: 12 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi everybody. I got my go 620 up and running, put in the destination and started off. After a few minutes, the device switched over to a clip about all the wonderful features of the device. When I touched the screen, it went back the navigation screen. A few minutes latter, it switched to the clip....yada yada. This happened 4 times until I turned it off. I find this somewhat distracting and potentially dangerous. This shouldn't be happening right? How to disable???

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,022 Superusers
    Hi
    @Magwa

According to Technical support...
    The demo mode is disabled by driving - with a route planned - with a GPS fix - over 40 Km/h for at least 10 seconds

ATB YFM
  • MagwaMagwa Posts: 12 [Apprentice Seeker]
    thanks, however, as in my original message; the device kept switching back to demo mode (i’m repeating myself) at least 4 times. as i said, the device had a fix and was following a route. i was on the freeway, and going about 120 kmh, for at least 20 min. Soooooooo the tech support position seems faulty. how to fix, the device cannot be used as is!
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 11,951 Superuser
    Then stet the device to factory settings (Menu/Settings/System/reset device) and then plan a route and follow the route.
    Hope that works.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,022 Superusers
    edited March 2019
    Hi

Have you set a Home Location...
    I use a nearby location not my actual location, if the device gets stolen, you wouldn't want to guide a thief to your front door

ATB YFM