Speed Camera updates on TomTom GO 520 Wi-Fi no longer working — TomTom Community

Speed Camera updates on TomTom GO 520 Wi-Fi no longer working

DaveABDaveAB Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
My TomTom GO 520 Wi-Fi came with a lifetime speed camera subscription and used to regularly get speed camera updates. I had to do a system reset and although it still picks up map updates, it no longer gets speed camera updates and the database is no longer there as it no longer shows speed camera's when not on wifi.
I have tried resetting it again but it makes no difference and when I read the support info online it only covers TomTom's that connect to a computer via a USB cable rather than using wifi.

Best Answer

• DaveABDaveAB Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Mike, customer support had to sort my problem out for me, they had to do something from their end. My sat nav has been updating speed cameras and working fine ever since.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,155
    Superuser
    Hi @DaveAB

Have you checked that that the unit is logging itself into your account.

Doug
    Yes I think it logs into my account as it downloads routes that I have created.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 12,605
    Superuser
    As i know the Speedcam reporting symbol at bottom was only shown when the device has an online connection.
    When you have the device in your car you must link it with your smartphone via bluetooth tethering
    When you get no warnings you can call support.
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    I don't have it linked to a smartphone as I only have a pay as you go one. The speed camera alerts worked until I reset the satnav.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,155
    Superuser
    edited March 2019
    HI @DaveAB

Try a Soft rest on your unit. Make sure it is ell charged up.

Turn the unit on and when working Hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the Drumroll sound and the unit Boots up again.. When it is working

Tap Menu
    Tap Systems
    Tap Updates and New Items.
    Are there are any new updates now including cameras . If not then Contact Customer Support so they can check settings at their end and sort you out.

Doug
  • gez1102000gez1102000 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having identical problems on a 620
    Hi Doug, I tried doing a soft reset, but got no camera update. I will have to resort to contacting customer support. Thanks

• Mike-123Mike-123 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I had this same problem, after connecting my tomtom to my iphone. I operate pay as you go speedcam on my sat.
    After deleting the connection to my iphone, the speedcam came back
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Mike, customer support had to sort my problem out for me, they had to do something from their end. My sat nav has been updating speed cameras and working fine ever since.
  • ST1300_PanEuropeanST1300_PanEuropean Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi @DaveAB

Thanks for getting back to all of us and letting us know how you solved the problem - that's really helpful information for anyone else who might visit the forum in the future with the same problem.

Michael